Fall ball to keep the hits coming
August 16, 2004
Baseball season is just around the corner – at least for existing and incoming South Tahoe Babe Ruth players.
Sign-ups for the two-month Fall Ball League are Tuesday and Thursday from 5-8 p.m. during Sierra Tahoe Loggers’ tryouts at Todd Fields.
Players 13 to 15 are eligible as well as 12-year-olds who just completed their Little League eligibility. The cost is $35 and includes a league shirt and hat.
Little Leaguers making the step up to Babe Ruth are encouraged to join so they can make a smooth adjustment to the larger playing field.
The season begins Aug. 29 and will run through Halloween. Games will be played from 6 to 8 p.m on Sundays.
Recommended Stories For You
For more information, phone Patti Stuck at (530) 577-8819.
The Loggers’ traveling team tryouts for 12- to 15-year-olds are Tuesday and Thursday from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Todd Fields.
WHS teams set to practice
Whittell High opens boys’ soccer practice today with a double workout.
Coach Steve Maltase’s team will practice from 8 to 10:30 a.m. and 5 to 7:30 p.m. at Whittell’s football field. That schedule will continue throughout the week.
Players should bring running shoes and cleats to both practices.
In addition, Whittell prospective golfers will hold a team meeting at 10 a.m. today in the school commons.
Rec soccer semis tonight
The city of South Lake Tahoe Parks & Recreation soccer league will hold its semifinals tonight.
San Antonio and Atlas will face off at Bijou Elementary at 6 p.m., with Buena Vista and Tahoe Mutiny kicking off at Tahoe Valley Elementary at the same time.
The winners will play in the championship game on Wednesday at 6 p.m. at Bijou Elementary. The third-place game will take place Tuesday at 6 p.m. at the same field.
Pack to wind up volleyball camp
The University of Nevada, Reno, will conclude a weekend volleyball training camp at South Tahoe High today.
The Wolf Pack will practice from 10 a.m. to noon. The workouts are open to the public. Nevada had an intrasquad scrimmage on Sunday night.
UNLV has practiced at STHS in past seasons.
Trending In: Sports
- Sierra-at-Tahoe 2018-19 season passes available for purchase
- Diamond Peak Ski Resort kicks off early bird 2018-19 season pass sale
- Heavenly’s backcountry requires common sense, not cell phones
- Registration begins Saturday for Pop Warner football and cheer
- First person to swim length of Lake Tahoe reflects back on 1955 feat
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3 feet of snow at some ski resorts; another 1-3 feet of snow possible
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts report over 4 feet of snow in 48 hours
- Bagel shop opens inside Blue Angel Café in South Lake Tahoe
- El Dorado County: Traffic ‘nudge’ effective in Meyers
- Couple to get $2.5M after police called abduction by Lake Tahoe lawyer a hoax