Fannan leads South Tahoe golf at Carson tourney
April 7, 2005
Kevin Fannan shot a team-best 97 on the difficult West Course at Eagle Valley Golf Course in the final round of the nonleague Carson Invitational.
Tom Mooney had a 99 and Teddy Kosciolek a 102 for the Vikings, who finished near the bottom of the team standings with a two-day total of 997. Top player Alex Yure didn’t participate.
The Vikings continue Sierra Division play on Tuesday. South Tahoe is currently in fourth place, one point behind third-place North Valleys and one point ahead of fifth-place Douglas. The top four teams in each division qualify for the eight-team Northern 4A Regional Tournament.
Rabbetts leads Viking swimmers
Dan Rabbetts won the 100 breaststroke and was part of the Vikings’ winning 200 freestyle team in a loss to Reno on Wednesday. Tim Powers, who was also part of the relay team, also had two-first place finishes for South Tahoe, whose girls’ team also lost Reno on Wednesday.
Natalie Turner had a second and third-place finish for the Vikings, who host McQueen on Saturday at 3 p.m. at the Rec Center Pool.
Trending In: Sports
- Whittell sprinters bring home track, field state championships
- STMS boys cross country wins 7th grade race at Tah-Neva Championships
- Incline Village freshman Jenkins wins state Class 2A title in high jump
- South Tahoe’ Holmes finishes senior year with 3rd place at state meet
- Otomo helps Viking girls earn 4th at state swim meet
- Hiker dies after falling from Yosemite’s Half Dome trail
- El Dorado County DA: Charges filed in 2008 death of baby in South Lake Tahoe
- Sustainable Community Alliance submits signatures for initiative to maintain South Lake Tahoe VHR cap
- South Lake Tahoe police investigating robbery at credit union
- Forest Service: Spread the word on Leave No Trace ethics in Lake Tahoe