First Tracks’ ‘Knock on Wood’ to premiere at MontBleu
October 9, 2008
South Shore-based First Tracks Productions will premiere its latest film “Knock on Wood” on Saturday at MontBleu Resort Casino and Spa in Stateline.
Doors open at 7 p.m., with the film scheduled to start at 8 p.m. The movie features numerous local riders and is shot on location in Lake Tahoe and other areas. The event is free to attend and is open to all ages.
For more information, visit http://www.firsttracksproductions.com.
Freeride World Tour returning to Squaw
The second annual Freeride World Tour includes four stops in two continents, with the lone North American event being held at Squaw in late February.
Several dozen of the top skiers and snowboarders in the world will compete for $250,000 in prize money, the largest purse for a freeride contest.
Recommended Stories For You
For more information, visit freerideworldtour.com.
Free guided hikes on TRT
One of the last free guided hikes on the Tahoe Rim Trail will take place on Saturday from Big Meadow to Shower’s Lake. The 14-mile, round-trip hike will pass through meadows and dense stands of pine, fir and aspen before reaching Shower’s Lake.
For those interested in joining the guided hike, meet at the Big Meadow trailhead at 8 a.m. For more information, call (775) 298-0231.
Trending In: Sports
- Whittell sprinters bring home track, field state championships
- STMS boys cross country wins 7th grade race at Tah-Neva Championships
- Incline Village freshman Jenkins wins state Class 2A title in high jump
- South Tahoe’ Holmes finishes senior year with 3rd place at state meet
- Otomo helps Viking girls earn 4th at state swim meet
- Hiker dies after falling from Yosemite’s Half Dome trail
- Sustainable Community Alliance submits signatures for initiative to maintain South Lake Tahoe VHR cap
- El Dorado County DA: Charges filed in 2008 death of baby in South Lake Tahoe
- South Lake Tahoe police investigating robbery at credit union
- UPDATE: US 395 reopens after mudslide near Nevada-California state line