Flanagan, Harris lead local golf programs at Icebreaker
March 4, 2003
The Icebreaker felt like an “Icemaker” as chilly gusty winds played havoc with South Tahoe and Whittell high school golfers’ scores in their season-opening tournament Monday at Genoa Lakes.
However, Whittell’s Patrick Flanagan and STHS’s Hunter Harris were up to the task to post the second- and third-best 18-hole scores in the Icebreaker Tournament, respectively. Flanagan, a senior, shot an 82, while Harris carded an 83.
Incline’s Kevin Dyess led all scoring with a 7-over 79.
Douglas won the five-team event with 437 strokes. South Tahoe was runner-up with 448, then came Whittell with 458, Hawthorne 478 and Incline 488.
“It was a typical early March day in the valley. On some holes the wind was blowing in their faces and other holes it was blowing in the other direction,” said WHS third-year coach Steve Maltase.
Other Whittell scores were Parker Fox with 87, Cody Harrington 91, Brian Jones 95 and Michael Flanagan 103.
Recommended Stories For You
The rest of STHS’s scores read Alex Young 85, Dan D’Angelo 88, Andrew Wysong 92 and Langdon Owen 100.
Whittell plays in a Nevada 3A tournament Friday at 10 a.m. at Mason Valley Golf Course in Yerington.
Trending In: Sports
- Incline Village freshman Jenkins wins state Class 2A title in high jump
- STMS boys cross country wins 7th grade race at Tah-Neva Championships
- Whittell sprinters bring home track, field state championships
- Lake Tahoe School excels at track, field league championships
- Susie Lake: 8 miles of bliss in Desolation Wilderness