Fox’s 80 leads Warrior golfers in Reno
March 25, 2003
Parker Fox of Whittell High finished fifth in a 13-team golf tournament last Thursday at Lakeridge Golf Course in Reno.
Fox scored an 8-over-par 80 to finish four strokes behind the winner from Fernley.
Going with a younger lineup than usual, the Warriors finished eighth in a tournament made of Nevada 3A and 2A teams.
Manogue, the tournament host, won the 18-hole event with a five-player score of 433. Whittell was eighth at 464 and Incline was ninth at 473.
Other scores for the Warriors were Patrick Flanagan, 87; Scott Lusby, 92; Cody Harrington, 100; James Rastello, 105 and Tim Lipovsky, 112. Lipovsky and Harrington are freshmen, while Lusby is a sophomore.
“For a couple of our younger guys it was their first tournament and they did OK,” said WHS coach Steve Maltase. “We’re headed in the right direction.”
Recommended Stories For You
That direction is Fernley on Thursday when the Warriors will play in another 3A-2A event at Desert Lakes. Play begins at 10 a.m.
Trending In: Sports
- Incline senior going for unprecedented 4th state swimming title
- South Tahoe’s Buchholz, Whittell’s White, Rippett win Northern League titles, qualify for state
- South Tahoe earns 5th place at state golf tourney
- South Tahoe sends nearly a dozen swimmers to state meet
- Paige Spiranac talks to Tahoe youth about overcoming cyberbullying
- In tourism-driven Tahoe, hotels are turning into homes
- Man who stole ski passes from Lake Tahoe resort faces probation violation
- Caltrans: Stoplight at Camp Richardson discontinued indefinitely
- UPDATE: US 395 reopens after mudslide near Nevada-California state line
- Lake Tahoe AleWorX prepares to open second taproom featuring full bar