Galena whips Vikes
December 9, 2003
By Steve Yingling
Tribune sports editor
Finding positives in a 28-point nonleague defeat isn’t what Chris Proctor was hired to do.
However, the South Tahoe High girls’ basketball coach was pleased with his team’s progress in one area in a 53-25 loss to Galena on Tuesday night in South Lake Tahoe.
“We finally started to work it into the low post,” said Proctor following the Vikings’ fourth loss in five games. “Most of our points were from taking it into the low post and it freed up some outside shots.”
Galena tipped off with a 9-0 run and put away the Vikings with a string of 3-pointers to begin the fourth quarter.
Recommended Stories For You
Erin Jamison led the Vikings with eight points, while Lindsey Caven and Kim Krouskoupf pulled down six boards.
It was the first of seven games within a five-day period for the Vikings. South Tahoe will play host to Elko tonight at 6.
Trending In: Sports
- Sierra-at-Tahoe 2018-19 season passes available for purchase
- Diamond Peak Ski Resort kicks off early bird 2018-19 season pass sale
- Heavenly’s backcountry requires common sense, not cell phones
- First person to swim length of Lake Tahoe reflects back on 1955 feat
- 13 STMS wrestlers headed to Tah-Neva Championships
- Lake Tahoe weather: Another winter storm could bring several feet of snow in Sierra high country
- Couple to get $2.5M after police called abduction by Lake Tahoe lawyer a hoax
- El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office IDs bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts report over 4 feet of snow in 48 hours
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3 feet of snow at some ski resorts; another 1-3 feet of snow possible