Galena whips Vikes
December 9, 2003
By Steve Yingling
Tribune sports editor
Finding positives in a 28-point nonleague defeat isn’t what Chris Proctor was hired to do.
However, the South Tahoe High girls’ basketball coach was pleased with his team’s progress in one area in a 53-25 loss to Galena on Tuesday night in South Lake Tahoe.
“We finally started to work it into the low post,” said Proctor following the Vikings’ fourth loss in five games. “Most of our points were from taking it into the low post and it freed up some outside shots.”
Galena tipped off with a 9-0 run and put away the Vikings with a string of 3-pointers to begin the fourth quarter.
Recommended Stories For You
Erin Jamison led the Vikings with eight points, while Lindsey Caven and Kim Krouskoupf pulled down six boards.
It was the first of seven games within a five-day period for the Vikings. South Tahoe will play host to Elko tonight at 6.
Trending In: Sports
- Authorities recover body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe (updated)
- What lies in the depths of Lake Tahoe’s waters? (video)
- Referendum backers submit signatures; South Lake Tahoe marijuana regulations delayed (updated)
- El Dorado County supervisor candidates find some common ground on VHR regulations
- Human skull found in Truckee off Highway 89