Genoa Lakes unveils retooled course design
August 4, 2005
Anyone who’s played at the Genoa Lakes Golf Resort (formerly the Sierra Nevada Golf Ranch) recently, is aware of the construction activity both on the golf course and within the clubhouse, not to mention the construction of homes to the east of the clubhouse.
To accommodate the Master Plan development for the various developers at the Golf Resort, Genoa Lakes will commence construction on six new golf holes and the realignment of two others.
Replacement holes will be No. 11 (450 yards), No. 12 (225 yards), No. 13 (600 yards), No 14 (320 yards), No. 15 (405 yards) and No. 16 (580 yards, all from the tips) and are in the preliminary stage of development, with seeding slated for early September.
“If all goes well and Mother Nature cooperates, we hope to be playing the new holes next summer,” said John Fleming, Genoa Lakes Golf Course superintendent.
Meanwhile, existing holes 11-16 will remain in play. Next year, they will become residential lots.
As a result of the construction, Genoa Lakes has discounted the course fees at the resort by 25 percent.
Recommended Stories For You
For more information, call 782-4653 or visit http://www.genoalakes.com.
Trending In: Sports
- Whittell sprinters bring home track, field state championships
- STMS boys cross country wins 7th grade race at Tah-Neva Championships
- Incline Village freshman Jenkins wins state Class 2A title in high jump
- South Tahoe’ Holmes finishes senior year with 3rd place at state meet
- Otomo helps Viking girls earn 4th at state swim meet
- Hiker dies after falling from Yosemite’s Half Dome trail
- Sustainable Community Alliance submits signatures for initiative to maintain South Lake Tahoe VHR cap
- El Dorado County DA: Charges filed in 2008 death of baby in South Lake Tahoe
- South Lake Tahoe police investigating robbery at credit union
- UPDATE: US 395 reopens after mudslide near Nevada-California state line