Harris finishes strong in Italian J3 races
February 17, 2003
South Lake Tahoe slalom skier Marty Harris, 14, a member of the Heavenly Ski Foundation, finished 15th at the J3 42nd Trofeo Topolino Races in Pinzolo, Italy over the weekend.
Harris ran the slalom with a time of 1 minute, 10.54 seconds. The boys’ slalom last Friday was won by Matthias Feikchtner of Austria with a time of 1:06.47, followed by countryman Bernhard Graf with 1:07.89 and Niko Harmanen of Finland with 1:08.07. Eric Davis of Dillon, Colo., finished in 10th place as the top U.S. finisher in the event.
In the girls’ giant slalom on Saturday, Incline Village’s Amy Harris finished 23rd. Harris is a member of the Diamond Peak Race Team.
Nina Tipotsch of Norway won the division with a time of 1:04.46, followed by Nina Mihovlic of Slovenia at 1:05.45 and Camilla Borsotti of Italy in third at 1:05.65. Lindsay Cone of East Burke, Vt. was the highest U.S. finisher in eighth place.
Trending In: Sports
- Whittell sprinters bring home track, field state championships
- STMS boys cross country wins 7th grade race at Tah-Neva Championships
- Incline Village freshman Jenkins wins state Class 2A title in high jump
- South Tahoe’ Holmes finishes senior year with 3rd place at state meet
- Otomo helps Viking girls earn 4th at state swim meet
- Hiker dies after falling from Yosemite’s Half Dome trail
- Sustainable Community Alliance submits signatures for initiative to maintain South Lake Tahoe VHR cap
- El Dorado County DA: Charges filed in 2008 death of baby in South Lake Tahoe
- South Lake Tahoe police investigating robbery at credit union
- Forest Service: Spread the word on Leave No Trace ethics in Lake Tahoe