Highlanders rout Whittell boys
December 3, 2003
Tribune staff report
The Highlanders came out on fire and overpowered the host Warriors 77-48 in the Northern 2A league boys’ basketball opener. Chris Shapiro scored a game-high 14 points for Whittell (3-6, 0-1), but Peter Loeschner led four Incline (6-4, 1-0) players in double figures with 13 points.
“We didn’t play that bad, but (Incline) came out and everything they threw up went in in the first half,” Whittell head coach Dennis Young said. “I think they’re the team to beat in our league.”
Tommy Esquivel had 11 points for Whittell, while point guard Chris Craig had 7.
Whittell JV girls won 45-26, while Incline won the boys’ JV game 49-40.
Trending In: Sports
- Diamond Peak Ski Resort kicks off early bird 2018-19 season pass sale
- Registration begins Saturday for Pop Warner football and cheer
- Heavenly’s backcountry requires common sense, not cell phones
- Sierra-at-Tahoe hosts Vans Hi-Standard Series finale Saturday
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts have different policies for uphill traveling
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3 feet of snow at some ski resorts; another 1-3 feet of snow possible
- UPDATE: Traffic on US 50 moving once again
- Lake Tahoe weather: Storm could bring 4 feet of snow to Sierra mountains
- UPDATE: Crystal Bay, Third Creek avalanche alert upgraded to stage 2
- Bagel shop opens inside Blue Angel Café in South Lake Tahoe