Highlanders rout Whittell boys
December 3, 2003
Tribune staff report
The Highlanders came out on fire and overpowered the host Warriors 77-48 in the Northern 2A league boys’ basketball opener. Chris Shapiro scored a game-high 14 points for Whittell (3-6, 0-1), but Peter Loeschner led four Incline (6-4, 1-0) players in double figures with 13 points.
“We didn’t play that bad, but (Incline) came out and everything they threw up went in in the first half,” Whittell head coach Dennis Young said. “I think they’re the team to beat in our league.”
Tommy Esquivel had 11 points for Whittell, while point guard Chris Craig had 7.
Whittell JV girls won 45-26, while Incline won the boys’ JV game 49-40.
Trending In: Sports
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts transitioning into year-round recreation destinations
- Bodybuilders coming to Lake Tahoe for fitness competition at MontBleu
- North Shore tracksters enjoy success at National Junior Olympics
- Good nutrition key in being tennis tournament ready
- South Shore pair swim width of Lake Tahoe; Collins one of oldest to complete feat
- Wildfire smoke triggers air quality alert in Lake Tahoe region
- Tahoe Housing Trouble Part 2: Employers cite housing for inability to find employees
- PHOTOS: Janet Jackson performs at Lake Tahoe
- South Lake Tahoe clears out homeless camps near Upper Truckee River
- Smoke free? Clear, sunny conditions in forecast for Lake Tahoe region