Highlanders rout Whittell boys
December 3, 2003
Tribune staff report
The Highlanders came out on fire and overpowered the host Warriors 77-48 in the Northern 2A league boys’ basketball opener. Chris Shapiro scored a game-high 14 points for Whittell (3-6, 0-1), but Peter Loeschner led four Incline (6-4, 1-0) players in double figures with 13 points.
“We didn’t play that bad, but (Incline) came out and everything they threw up went in in the first half,” Whittell head coach Dennis Young said. “I think they’re the team to beat in our league.”
Tommy Esquivel had 11 points for Whittell, while point guard Chris Craig had 7.
Whittell JV girls won 45-26, while Incline won the boys’ JV game 49-40.
Trending In: Sports
- Lake Tahoe roads: Slide causes traffic hold on US 50; I-80 and Mt Rose Highway closed (updated)
- Lake Tahoe roads: I-80 closed, chain requirements in effect on highways (updated)
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts receive nearly 3 feet of snow in 24 hours
- Winter storm could bring 3 feet of snow to Lake Tahoe during Presidents Day weekend
- Winter storm warning remains in effect at Lake Tahoe; 2 more feet of snow possible