Holmes 17th in region
October 14, 2008
Alexis Holmes finished 17th in the Northern 4A regional golf tournament on Tuesday in Elko.
The South Tahoe High junior shot an 89, following an opening-round 90. Her two-day total of 179 left her nine strokes off the final state-qualifying spot. Douglas’ Bethany Wurster won the individual title with a 148 total, and the Tigers also captured the team title.
Warriors sweep Silver Stage
Whittell High isn’t wasting much time disposing of its Northern 2A League volleyball foes these days. The Warriors swept their third straight opponent and fourth in five matches on Tuesday in Silver Springs.
The Warriors defeated Silver Stage 25-18, 25-12, 25-18 to raise its league-leading record to 8-1.
“Another great team effort,” said Whittell coach Tony Fathergill. “Everyone came in with good energy. They were excited to be on the court.”
Recommended Stories For You
Fathergill praised Isabel Concha-Foley for her attacks and pressure in the middle and Emily Scherer for putting the ball in play with aggression.
Whittell, which is 15-11 overall, plays host to Lovelock at 5 p.m. on Friday in its homecoming match.
Trending In: Sports
- STMS boys cross country wins 7th grade race at Tah-Neva Championships
- Incline Village freshman Jenkins wins state Class 2A title in high jump
- Whittell sprinters bring home track, field state championships
- South Tahoe’ Holmes finishes senior year with 3rd place at state meet
- Lake Tahoe School excels at track, field league championships
- Forest Service: Spread the word on Leave No Trace ethics in Lake Tahoe
- South Lake Tahoe police investigating robbery at credit union
- El Dorado County DA: Charges filed in 2008 death of baby in South Lake Tahoe
- Study finds bears hibernating less with warmer winters, access to human food (video)
- Hiker dies after falling from Yosemite’s Half Dome trail