Husband of LPGA legend sinks ace at Incline’s Mountain Course
August 17, 2018
Mike McGee hit the shot of the day on a perfect, sunny Sunday, Aug. 12, while playing with his kids and wife, who happens to be a LPGA golf legend, at Incline Village's Mountain Course.
McGee, a part-time Incline resident, recorded a hole-in-one while playing with his wife, Annika Sorenstam, and his two kids, Will and Ava McGee.
Sorenstam might have won the most tournaments ever on the LPGA tour and tops the all-time career earnings list, but it was her husband who hit the best shot this past weekend.
McGee, who has played golf for 35 years, smacked a pitching wedge about 135 yards on hole No. 7 for his second career ace. His first came at Chateau Elan Golf Club in Braselton, Georgia.
McGee is a member of the Lake Nona Golf & Country Club in Orlando, Florida, where the couple got married in 2007.
Sorenstam this weekend will help celebrate Tahoe City Golf Course's 100-year anniversary. The former pro, who retired in 2009, will host a free family clinic at 10 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 18.
Trending In: Sports
- South Lake Tahoe’s Jamie Anderson named to 2018-19 US Snowboard Team
- Heavenly, Kirkwood and Northstar ski resorts announce 2018-19 opening dates
- Shooting restrictions affect Tahoe region, gun safety urged
- Incline volleyers rally falls short in state championships
- South Tahoe volleyball fights back, but falls in state semifinals
- ELECTION UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T passing by 58 votes
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency approves US 50 South Shore Community Revitalization Project
- South Lake Tahoe man jailed after allegedly selling pot to minors
- Tahoe Keys Marina vows legal action after City Council rejects land swap appeal
- Lake Tahoe weather: Northern California wildfires could impact air quality in region