Icemen open final regular season home series tonight vs. Southern Oregon
February 9, 2018
The Lake Tahoe Icemen will host their final regular season home series starting tonight, Feb. 9, and ending Sunday, Feb. 11.
The Icemen will face the Southern Oregon Spartans for the second time this season. Tahoe brought home five of six possible points from Oregon the first time they met.
The puck drops at approximately 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday and at 4 p.m. on Sunday at South Lake Tahoe Ice Arena.
The Icemen will show appreciation to their fans Saturday by giving away a signed, game-worn jersey along with four tickets to an upcoming home game, which include the playoffs.
The Icemen are tied for second place with the West Sound Warriors in the Western States Hockey League Northwest Division. Tahoe has nine games remaining, the last six on the road, three at Southern Oregon and three at West Sound.
The Icemen (20-19-3) hope to gain some ground on the Warriors with six consecutive games against the last place Spartans (11-28-1). Though the Spartans numbers don't seem impressive, they've done better in the second half of the season with eight wins in their last 13 games.
Recommended Stories For You
Icemen forward Paul Frys looks to continue his scoring tear. The point-scoring machine has tallied points in 21 straight games and is eighth overall in the WSHL with 85 points (35 goal, 50 assists), including 19 goals and 29 assists during his streak.
Games are held at the arena located at 1176 Rufus Allen Blvd.
The ticket cost is $6 with children 6-and-under getting in free. Parking is free.
For more information, visit http://www.tahoeicemen.com.
Tribune contributor Harper Dial helped with this report
Trending In: Sports
- Kirkwood Mountain to open backside, Heavenly Mountain to open California side Saturday
- Incline boys net 4 hoops victories in 4 days at Whittell tournament
- Incline Village volleyball stars Racich, Cohn earn top awards
- Whittell hoops wins 5th straight to open season; host big tournament this week
- Viking boys run up against stiff competition at Wild West Shootout
- TMZ: Tom Cruise in South Lake Tahoe to film scenes for ‘Top Gun’ sequel
- Backcountry skier rescued near Mount Tallac after falling over 200 feet (video)
- Realtor group vows to stay involved, looks ‘forward to continued discussion’ following passage of Measure T
- Lake Tahoe weather: Sunny conditions through weekend, snow possible next week
- Sierra snowpack well above average after storms