Incline baseball playing today for playoff berth
May 4, 2018
Incline's baseball postseason hopes have come down to the final day of the regular season. The Highlanders will fight today, May 4, for their playoff lives.
The Highlanders play a doubleheader against Battle Mountain for the right to play in postseason.
The Highlanders (11-7 2A Northern League) and Battle Mountain (12-6 Northern) started their three-game series Thursday afternoon, May 3, at Incline Middle School.
Each team needs two wins to clinch at least the fourth, and final, seed in the Nevada Interscholastic Activities Association Class 2A Northern League Baseball Championship tournament double-elimination bracket.
The playoffs are Friday and Saturday, May 11-12, at Battle Mountain.
Yerington (17-2) has wrapped up the league title and top seed. West Wendover (15-6 Northern) is currently sitting in the No. 2 position, but that could change.
Recommended Stories For You
North Tahoe (12-6 Northern) swept Battle Mountain this past weekend and finishes with three games against weaker competition, Pershing County (3-14 Northern) and two against Silver Stage (2-15 Northern). North Tahoe also defeated West Wendover two out of three times and own the head-to-head tiebreaker.
The three-game series between the Highlanders and Battle Mountain will decide the final playoff berth.
First pitch is at 2 p.m. with the second game to follow shortly after the conclusion of the first game.
Trending In: Sports
- Heavenly, Kirkwood and Northstar ski resorts announce 2018-19 opening dates
- Tahoe Prep Hockey Academy to host game Saturday afternoon
- Hundreds watch Lake Tahoe Community College women tie Sierra in battle of unbeaten teams (video)
- South Tahoe girls rally to beat rival Truckee for Northern Nevada soccer championship (video)
- Heavenly, Northstar push back opening days to Nov. 23; Kirkwood to announce new date
- Whole Foods, Chase Bank sites for sale in South Lake Tahoe
- Election update: Measure T still passing in South Lake Tahoe but margin shrinks
- Police: Undercover operation breaks up Lake Tahoe drug ring
- MTV acquires SnowGlobe Music Festival (updated)
- Sierra House Elementary School classroom sustains ‘major damage’ in fire