Incline swimmers Meyer, Rye qualify for regionals in 1st meet
March 16, 2018
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. —Rachel Meyer and Kate Rye highlighted the first Highlanders swim meet on Friday, March 9, at the Carson Swim Center.
The Incline boys and girls both lost to Churchill in a dual competition. The boys lost 123-10 and the girls 124-62. Incline had just six swimmers.
Meyer claimed first place in the 50-yard freestyle and also the 100 free. Rye earned first in the 200 individual medley and also the 100 butterfly.
With their times after the first meet, Meyer and Rye have already qualified for the postseason regional meet.
Meyer and Rye also teamed with Kaci Meyer and Nika Ogden to earn second place in the 200 medley relay and 200 free relay.
Freshman Nicholas Finne swam in his first high school meet and scored all 10 points for the Incline boys. He finished second in the 100 backstroke and was fourth in the 100 freestyle.
Recommended Stories For You
Incline next will swim at 9 a.m. Saturday, March 17, at a meet in Carson City.
Trending In: Sports
- Student Athlete of the Month: Naccarato did it all for South Tahoe volleyball
- Student Athlete of the Month: South Tahoe’s Griffis was among top receivers in the state
- Highlander girls top Yerington in league opener for 6th straight win
- Preps roundup: Vikings boys win first 2 league games; Whittell pushes win streak to 9
- Incline Village volleyball stars Racich, Cohn earn top awards
- Winter weather advisory issued for Lake Tahoe
- Memorial services scheduled for Dr. Stephen Bannar
- South Lake Tahoe community mourns the death of Dr. Stephen Bannar
- 6 South Lake Tahoe families searching for homes after unsafe apartment building condemned
- Parents outraged over handling of fire at Sierra House Elementary School