Incline swimmers Meyer, Rye qualify for regionals in 1st meet
March 16, 2018
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. —Rachel Meyer and Kate Rye highlighted the first Highlanders swim meet on Friday, March 9, at the Carson Swim Center.
The Incline boys and girls both lost to Churchill in a dual competition. The boys lost 123-10 and the girls 124-62. Incline had just six swimmers.
Meyer claimed first place in the 50-yard freestyle and also the 100 free. Rye earned first in the 200 individual medley and also the 100 butterfly.
With their times after the first meet, Meyer and Rye have already qualified for the postseason regional meet.
Meyer and Rye also teamed with Kaci Meyer and Nika Ogden to earn second place in the 200 medley relay and 200 free relay.
Freshman Nicholas Finne swam in his first high school meet and scored all 10 points for the Incline boys. He finished second in the 100 backstroke and was fourth in the 100 freestyle.
Recommended Stories For You
Incline next will swim at 9 a.m. Saturday, March 17, at a meet in Carson City.
Trending In: Sports
- Vikings baseball off to hot start, sweeps North Valleys
- Incline star Redfern sweeps MVP awards, freshman Stranzl earns top honors
- Champion Highlanders clean up with state, league basketball awards
- South Tahoe’s Griffis signs to play football for Presentation College
- South Lake Tahoe’s Nikki Cruz main feature Saturday at WFC 100 at MontBleu Resort Casino and Spa
- Missing snowboarder found dead at Lake Tahoe ski resort
- Sierra storm could bring up to 1 foot of snow to higher elevations around Lake Tahoe
- Lime plans to return to South Lake Tahoe this summer with e-scooters; company ditching bikes
- High-tech fight on aquatic invasive plants in Lake Tahoe shows promising results
- Rain, snow expected at Lake Tahoe today; more storms in forecast