Incline’s Albrecht earns top finish, ST boys get 3rd at Kirkwood ski race
December 31, 2018
Incline's Otto Albrecht sped to sixth place Tuesday to lead the Highlander boys to a third-place finish in the second Tahoe Basin Ski League race of the season at Kirkwood Mountain Resort.
The South Tahoe boys led by Matt Sullivan slid in right behind Incline in fourth and Whittell finished sixth out of seven teams.
Albrecht slightly bettered his first run time of 26.04 seconds on the giant slalom course with a second run time of 25.82, a total of 51.86.
Also for Incline, Mike Lampe was 16th (57.77) out of 38 competitors that finished both runs, Niklas Pietzke was 19th, Marcus Honey was 29th and Jake Harrell was 31st.
Sullivan took off over a second and a half from his first run to finish in 13th with an overall time of 55.95.
Also for South Tahoe, who was competing without its fastest skier Luke Allen, Aaron Johnson was 18th, Ralston Johnson was 24th and Koa Hadaway was 27th.
Recommended Stories For You
Justin Smith led Whittell with a 17th-place finish and Tiller Van Doren was 25th for the Warriors.
Annie Ferguson finished 12th in the individual standings to lead the Viking girls to a third-place team result. She led a pack of four South Tahoe racers who finished all within seven places of each other.
Natalie Frazier was 15th, Kiara Furrer was 17th and Ella Bickert was 18th.
Incline came in fifth and was led by Marte Waagan's 14th-place finish in a pack of 35 girls who finished both runs. Rebecca Noble was 26th and Gabby Kohler was 33rd.
Abrielle Goehring led the Whittell girls by finishing 21st.
North Tahoe swept boys the boys and girls results to win the combined title with Truckee finishing second, South Tahoe third and Incline fourth.
In the first meet of the season Dec. 13, at Alpine Meadows, Albrecht earned fifth place out of 58 competitors and teammates Brent Wolf was ninth, Pietzke was 14th and Mike Lampe was 22nd.
Mark Allen led South Tahoe with a sixth-pace finish while Cameron Grant was 15th, Sullivan was 21st and Aaron Johnson was 23rd.
Aidan Rippett led Whittell in 31st.
Summer Furrer earned 14th out of 49 competitors to lead the South Tahoe girls at Alpine Meadows while Annie Ferguson was 17th, Mikayla Shenkel was 22nd, Natalie Frazier was 23rd and Kiara Furrer was 28th.
Brenna Ritchie finished fifth for the Incline girls, just a couple seconds out of first place. Also for the Highlanders, Kaci Meyer was 16th and Marta Waagan was 25th.
The next race is scheduled for Wednesday, Jan. 9, at Heavenly Mountain Resort.
Trending In: Sports
- South Tahoe boys’ basketball rolls past rival Truckee
- Some Lake Tahoe resorts offering deals for 1st timers starting this weekend
- ST, Whittell, Incline battle conditions, have mixed results at ski meet
- Viking girls can’t hold second-half lead in loss to rival Wolverines
- Diamond Peak skiers nearly sweep U19 podium in Far West series
- Lake Tahoe weather: Moderate snow to start Tuesday; storms could bring over 3 feet
- Lake Tahoe weather: Several feet of snow possible at Lake Tahoe this week
- Sierra Avalanche Center issues backcountry avalanche watch for Lake Tahoe region
- UPDATE: Chain requirements in effect on most Lake Tahoe area highways
- Blizzard warning issued for Lake Tahoe high country