Lake Tahoe’s Jamie Anderson wins gold in women’s snowboard slopestyle
February 12, 2018
South Shore’s Jamie Anderson made Olympic history Sunday.
Anderson, who won the gold in 2014 at Sochi, won gold in women’s snowboard slopestyle at the Winter Games in PyeongChang Sunday. She jumped out to an impressive lead after her first run — so impressive, in fact, that a second run was unnecessary.
With the victory, Anderson became the first women’s snowboarder to win two gold medals, according to an official Olympics press release.
Her win followed a win by 17-year-old Red Gerard in the men’s snowboard slopestyle.
Trending In: Sports
- 2018 ACC celebrity golf tournament begins, fresh off 2017’s record-breaking attendance
- Dell and Steph Curry play together in first round of American Century Championship
- Convict Lake has a colorful history
- Former Oakland Athletics pitcher Mark Mulder defends ACC golf title, attempts three wins in a row
- American Century Championship celebrity golf bigger and better over the years