Lake Tahoe’s Jamie Anderson wins gold in women’s snowboard slopestyle
February 12, 2018
South Shore’s Jamie Anderson made Olympic history Sunday.
Anderson, who won the gold in 2014 at Sochi, won gold in women’s snowboard slopestyle at the Winter Games in PyeongChang Sunday. She jumped out to an impressive lead after her first run — so impressive, in fact, that a second run was unnecessary.
With the victory, Anderson became the first women’s snowboarder to win two gold medals, according to an official Olympics press release.
Her win followed a win by 17-year-old Red Gerard in the men’s snowboard slopestyle.
Trending In: Sports
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- UPDATE: Chain requirements in effect on most Lake Tahoe area highways
- UPDATE: Douglas County homicides determined not related to El Dorado case
- 2 ½ feet of snow in 2 days at Lake Tahoe ski resorts
- Chain requirements in effect on Lake Tahoe area highways; Mt Rose Highway temporarily closed