Lake Tahoe’s Jamie Anderson wins gold in women’s snowboard slopestyle
February 12, 2018
South Shore’s Jamie Anderson made Olympic history Sunday.
Anderson, who won the gold in 2014 at Sochi, won gold in women’s snowboard slopestyle at the Winter Games in PyeongChang Sunday. She jumped out to an impressive lead after her first run — so impressive, in fact, that a second run was unnecessary.
With the victory, Anderson became the first women’s snowboarder to win two gold medals, according to an official Olympics press release.
Her win followed a win by 17-year-old Red Gerard in the men’s snowboard slopestyle.
Trending In: Sports
- Incline Village man accused of child abuse turns self in, vows to fight ‘false allegation’
- Bank drops attempted takeover of Bijou Shopping Center in South Lake Tahoe
- Ribaudo column: On South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T (opinion)
- Caltrans to activate new traffic light in South Lake Tahoe Tuesday
- Tahoe Daily Tribune: Measure T in South Lake Tahoe? (opinion)