Lake Tahoe’s Jamie Anderson wins gold in women’s snowboard slopestyle
February 12, 2018
South Shore’s Jamie Anderson made Olympic history Sunday.
Anderson, who won the gold in 2014 at Sochi, won gold in women’s snowboard slopestyle at the Winter Games in PyeongChang Sunday. She jumped out to an impressive lead after her first run — so impressive, in fact, that a second run was unnecessary.
With the victory, Anderson became the first women’s snowboarder to win two gold medals, according to an official Olympics press release.
Her win followed a win by 17-year-old Red Gerard in the men’s snowboard slopestyle.
Trending In: Sports
- Diamond Peak Ski Resort kicks off early bird 2018-19 season pass sale
- Registration begins Saturday for Pop Warner football and cheer
- Heavenly’s backcountry requires common sense, not cell phones
- Sierra-at-Tahoe hosts Vans Hi-Standard Series finale Saturday
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts have different policies for uphill traveling
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3 feet of snow at some ski resorts; another 1-3 feet of snow possible
- UPDATE: Traffic on US 50 moving once again
- UPDATE: Crystal Bay, Third Creek avalanche alert upgraded to stage 2
- Bagel shop opens inside Blue Angel Café in South Lake Tahoe
- El Dorado County: Traffic ‘nudge’ effective in Meyers