JV baseball wins three in a row
April 4, 2014
After losing six in a row, South Tahoe's JV baseball team seems to be turning its season around by winning three straight games, for a 4-6 record overall and 3-3 in the league.
"The boys have really focused on batting practice and you can see it in the scores," said head coach Kevin Higgins.
The Vikings hosted Dayton on Tuesday afternoon and came away with the 11-1 win.
Offensively, Zach Shearer led the team going three for four with four RBIs. Justin Cain went two for four with two RBIs, Chaz Ross went two for four with a triple and Caleb Russel also went two for four.
"The boys have really worked hard on their swings and it really shows," said Higgins.
Moises Cuevas started on the mound, earning the win with four strikeouts, one walk and three hits. Ross replaced Cuevas after four innings and went on to strike out two batters and gave up only one hit.
Recommended Stories For You
"I hope to see a continued strong pitching effort," said Higgins. " And we are going to stay aggressive on hitting."
On Saturday, the Vikings host Truckee for a double-header where they hope to continue their winning streak.
Trending In: Local Sports
- South Tahoe boys b-ball falls to Desert Pines in Div. I-A State semifinals, ending postseason run
- Clear Creek: A gem in the Tahoe forest
- Doubles time: Record turnout brings high level of competition to 33rd annual Tahoe Tennis Classic
- South Tahoe Middle School wrestling finishes season at Tah-Neva Championships, 10 place in Northern Nevada
- South Tahoe spring football undefeated in Excel Athletics prep
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3 feet of snow at some ski resorts; another 1-3 feet of snow possible
- Bagel shop opens inside Blue Angel Café in South Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts report over 4 feet of snow in 48 hours
- Couple to get $2.5M after police called abduction by Lake Tahoe lawyer a hoax
- El Dorado County: Traffic ‘nudge’ effective in Meyers