Lady Vikings drop three to Lowry
April 15, 2014
The Lady Vikings were swept against Lowry Friday and Saturday.
South Tahoe's varsity softball team was leading Friday's game 6-1 heading into the fifth inning when Lowry scored nine runs to take a 10-6 lead. The Lady Vikings came back with two runs, but it wasn't enough and they dropped the first game, 10-8.
On Saturday, South Tahoe lost the first game, 16-1, in five innings after giving up 10 runs in the fifth. The second game was a 14-2 loss in six innings.
"Mental errors and lazy errors is pretty much what is comes down to," said head coach Shawna Mayo. "This team is not better than us, we just beat ourselves up."
Bailey Sanchez had a standout weekend going 6-for-8 in the series.
"She definitely stepped up this week. She earned her spot this weekend," Mayo said.
Recommended Stories For You
The losses bring South Tahoe to a 5-5 league record and 6-8 overall. Lowry's record is now 11-1 and 12-4 overall.
South Tahoe has its last home series this week against the 9-2 Fernley's Lady Vaqueros.
Trending In: Local Sports
- South Tahoe boys b-ball falls to Desert Pines in Div. I-A State semifinals, ending postseason run
- Clear Creek: A gem in the Tahoe forest
- Cocores sharpens skills for Friday fight
- Doubles time: Record turnout brings high level of competition to 33rd annual Tahoe Tennis Classic
- In a lane of her own: South Tahoe alum Snyder continues to break down barriers in NASCAR
- Lake Tahoe weather: Another winter storm could bring several feet of snow in Sierra high country
- El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office IDs bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- Couple to get $2.5M after police called abduction by Lake Tahoe lawyer a hoax
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts report over 4 feet of snow in 48 hours
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3 feet of snow at some ski resorts; another 1-3 feet of snow possible