Lady Vikings drop three to Lowry
April 15, 2014
The Lady Vikings were swept against Lowry Friday and Saturday.
South Tahoe's varsity softball team was leading Friday's game 6-1 heading into the fifth inning when Lowry scored nine runs to take a 10-6 lead. The Lady Vikings came back with two runs, but it wasn't enough and they dropped the first game, 10-8.
On Saturday, South Tahoe lost the first game, 16-1, in five innings after giving up 10 runs in the fifth. The second game was a 14-2 loss in six innings.
"Mental errors and lazy errors is pretty much what is comes down to," said head coach Shawna Mayo. "This team is not better than us, we just beat ourselves up."
Bailey Sanchez had a standout weekend going 6-for-8 in the series.
"She definitely stepped up this week. She earned her spot this weekend," Mayo said.
Recommended Stories For You
The losses bring South Tahoe to a 5-5 league record and 6-8 overall. Lowry's record is now 11-1 and 12-4 overall.
South Tahoe has its last home series this week against the 9-2 Fernley's Lady Vaqueros.
Trending In: Local Sports
- Bulls, Zephyr Cove Resort win Kahle basketball championships
- STHS soccer team loaded with seniors
- South Tahoe Futbol Club U-18 Hawks, U-12 Tough girls soccer teams deliver championships at Come Up For Air
- Big BMX qualifier
- Breaking the ice: South Lake Tahoe Vikings hockey delivers Northern California championship a decade in the making
- Traps reignite controversy over Nevada Department of Wildlife bear management
- DA: Former Lake Tahoe Humane Society director pleads guilty to embezzlement
- Ken’s Tires Center celebrates 40 years in South Lake Tahoe
- Douglas County conducts online survey on vacation home rentals
- El Dorado County supervisor candidates find some common ground on VHR regulations