South Tahoe falls to Dayton in 7th
April 17, 2014
South Tahoe High School softball lost a close game in the bottom of the seventh inning Tuesday at Dayton.
The lone run was scored on errors, but was enough to lift the Lady Dust Devils to a 1-0 victory.
Freshman Kendra Conard pitched a complete game and struck-out 16 batters and held Dayton to just four hits.
"She did very good," said head coach Shawna Mayo. "Most hits were on errors, so she pretty much threw a no-hitter."
Kayla Griffis had a triple off a line-drive to left field.
"She was the only person who really connected with the pitcher," Mayo said. "We missed opportunities. We has a runner at third three times and missed eight bunt attempts."
Recommended Stories For You
The loss brings the Lady Vikings to a 5-6 league record and 6-9 overall going into a home doubleheader against Fernley on Wednesday.
"We know we need to work on our short game to advance runners. That's what we'll be doing this week," Mayo said.
Trending In: Local Sports
- Local results for Friday Night BMX
- Nevada Wolf Pack basketball downs Vermont 86-72 in CBI semifinals, advances to championship series
- Spring ball: South Lake Tahoe youth team competes in Excel Athletics tackle football league
- Whittell boys basketball wins state championship
- Beach volleyball tourney to hit Zephyr Cove
- Storm could dump up to 2 feet of snow at higher elevations around Lake Tahoe
- Nevada state snowplow driver was high on meth during wreck on Mount Rose Highway
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts receive several inches of new snow
- 6 burger spots to try around Lake Tahoe
- South Lake Tahoe apartment building remains non-compliant; city could seek legal resolution