South Tahoe falls to Dayton in 7th
April 17, 2014
South Tahoe High School softball lost a close game in the bottom of the seventh inning Tuesday at Dayton.
The lone run was scored on errors, but was enough to lift the Lady Dust Devils to a 1-0 victory.
Freshman Kendra Conard pitched a complete game and struck-out 16 batters and held Dayton to just four hits.
"She did very good," said head coach Shawna Mayo. "Most hits were on errors, so she pretty much threw a no-hitter."
Kayla Griffis had a triple off a line-drive to left field.
"She was the only person who really connected with the pitcher," Mayo said. "We missed opportunities. We has a runner at third three times and missed eight bunt attempts."
Recommended Stories For You
The loss brings the Lady Vikings to a 5-6 league record and 6-9 overall going into a home doubleheader against Fernley on Wednesday.
"We know we need to work on our short game to advance runners. That's what we'll be doing this week," Mayo said.
Trending In: Local Sports
- South Tahoe boys b-ball falls to Desert Pines in Div. I-A State semifinals, ending postseason run
- Clear Creek: A gem in the Tahoe forest
- Doubles time: Record turnout brings high level of competition to 33rd annual Tahoe Tennis Classic
- South Tahoe FC U-15 Outlaws girls soccer finishes second at Bay Area tournament
- South Tahoe Futbol Club U-18 Hawks, U-12 Tough girls soccer teams deliver championships at Come Up For Air
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3 feet of snow at some ski resorts; another 1-3 feet of snow possible
- Bagel shop opens inside Blue Angel Café in South Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Another winter storm could bring several feet of snow in Sierra high country
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts report over 4 feet of snow in 48 hours
- Couple to get $2.5M after police called abduction by Lake Tahoe lawyer a hoax