South Tahoe swimming continues winning season
April 4, 2014
South Tahoe High School's swimmers continued their strong start to its season by winning Wednesday's dual meet at home.
The South Tahoe boys team earned a score of 147 while Fernley scored a 97, Sage Ridge 42 and Sparks 68.
The Vikings girls team scored a 179 to Fernley's 161, Sparks' 43 and Sage Ridge's 36.
South Tahoe's girls relay teams won both the 200-yard medley and freestyle races while the boys took first in the 200-yard medley and third in the 200-yard freestyle relays.
In individual races, South Tahoe's Kylee Lyons, Kameron Gronwald, Morgan Wirth and Sydney Bucholz took first, second, third and fourth respectively in the 200-yard freestyle. Lauren Tang, Kimberly Craig and Maia Smith took 1-2-3 in the 200-yard individual medley. In the 50-yard freestyle South Tahoe swimmer took places one through nine lead by Margaret Albrecht in first and Madeline Pennington tied for second. Craig and Pennington placed first and second in the 100-yard butterfly. Kirsten Tang took first in the 100-yard freestyle while Lissie Stewart placed third.
Ally Swain placed first in the 500-yard freestyle just in front of teammate Albrecht, who placed second.
Recommended Stories For You
Lauren Tang placed first in the 100-yard backstroke with Annabelle Dressler placing third. Kirsten Tang finished first in the 100-yard breasttroke with Swain finishing third.
On the boys side, Kellen Gronwald placed second in the 200-yard freestyle and Bryan Peuse finished first in the 200-yard individual medley.
Brady McIntyre finished first in the 50-yard freestyle and Louie Marin placed first in the 100-yard butterfly. Shane Smith placed second in the 100-yard freestyle. McIntyre and Marin went 1-2 in the 500-yard freestyle while Smith and Peuse went 1-2 in the 100-yard backstroke. In the 100-yard breaststroke, Gronwald and Joe Barnett placed second and third respectively.
The Vikings look to continue their undefeated season on April 18 when they travel to Fernley High School.
Trending In: Local Sports
- Breaking the ice: South Lake Tahoe Vikings hockey delivers Northern California championship a decade in the making
- Tahoe Grizzlies make hockey history at state
- Big BMX qualifier
- Coach Crawford announces retirement after 19 years
- In a lane of her own: South Tahoe alum Snyder continues to break down barriers in NASCAR
- Missing snowboarder found dead at Lake Tahoe ski resort
- Mountain Housing Council releases report on short-term rentals in North Lake Tahoe, Truckee
- Sierra storm could bring up to 1 foot of snow to higher elevations around Lake Tahoe
- Bear cubs found by California highway may have been poached
- Wet winter ends California drought after 376 straight weeks