Whittell bats prevail over North Tahoe
April 17, 2014
Kendall Ferris hit a grand slam in the fourth inning of Whittell softball's 15-3 trouncing of North Tahoe in five innings on Wednesday.
"All in all, it was very good," said head coach Dave Galicia. "Base running was better and overall, I was happy with how everyone played."
Kelsey Kjer pitched all five innings and kept a no-hitter through three.
"I was really happy with the defensive rotation. (North Tahoe) tried bunting and we really had it down," Galicia said. "(Maggie) Dean had a really good day at third base. A lot of recovering bunts came on her."
The Lady Vikings sent 11 batters up to the plate in the first inning en route to take a 5-0 lead.
Ferris went 3-for-4 in the game.
Recommended Stories For You
"I really have to tip my hat to (Ferris)," said Galicia.
Liz Anderson went 4-for-4 and Gianna Miller went 3-for-4 on the day with a walk.
The win brings the Lady Warriors record to 5-4 in the league and 9-5 overall. The team will travel to Eureka, Nev., Friday to take on the 10-1 Lady Vandals.
"We expect this doubleheader to be a tough one. We need to bring out (our) A-game," Galicia said.
Trending In: Local Sports
- Clear Creek: A gem in the Tahoe forest
- Doubles time: Record turnout brings high level of competition to 33rd annual Tahoe Tennis Classic
- South Tahoe boys b-ball falls to Desert Pines in Div. I-A State semifinals, ending postseason run
- South Tahoe spring football undefeated in Excel Athletics prep
- Sunzeri named athletic director at South Tahoe High
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3 feet of snow at some ski resorts; another 1-3 feet of snow possible
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts report over 4 feet of snow in 48 hours
- Bagel shop opens inside Blue Angel Café in South Lake Tahoe
- El Dorado County: Traffic ‘nudge’ effective in Meyers
- Couple to get $2.5M after police called abduction by Lake Tahoe lawyer a hoax