Locals headline Lake Tahoe Community College men’s recruiting class
February 6, 2018
The Lake Tahoe Community College men's soccer program is in the midst of signing its recruiting class and has received commitments from several local high school athletes.
Three seniors from South Tahoe and four from Carson high schools will play next season for the Coyotes and head coach Nicholas Arbelaez.
"We are very excited as we have never as a program had so many South Tahoe natives on the men's roster," Arbelaez said. "We are looking to bring in 13 to 15 freshmen and will complete the class by mid-March."
The South Tahoe recruits include Andy Salazar, Gio Yanez and Ignacio Vazquez and the Carson kids include Junior Ramirez, Julio Loera, Guillermo Perez and Brandon Estrada.
Arbelaez expects three athletes from Texas and another from Las Vegas to sign with LTCC by the national signing day on Feb. 7.
The Coyotes went 13-4-4 last season, including 8-2-2 in the Golden Valley Conference. They Coyotes were nationally-ranked for a few weeks and finished tied for second place in league but were left out of the playoffs.
Recommended Stories For You
"These are all great athletes who will make our program great for years to come. They are setting the bar for locals to dream it and do it," Arbelaez said. "This is a great start for us and we couldn't be more proud of the direction of the program."
Trending In: Sports
- Winter storm warning remains in effect at Lake Tahoe; 2 more feet of snow possible
- California Highway Patrol: Travel to Lake Tahoe is not recommended
- Lake Tahoe roads: Chain requirements in effect (updated)
- Lake Tahoe roads: Slide causes traffic hold on US 50; I-80 and Mt Rose Highway closed (updated)
- Winter storm warning extended; more snow likely at Lake Tahoe Sunday