Loggers’ tryouts next week
August 9, 2004
The chill that late-summer mornings brings to the mountains usually means it’s time for football.
But to Whittell High baseball coach Don Amaral, it’s a perfect time to get in some more baseball.
Amaral will hold tryouts next week for his Sierra Tahoe Logger teams.
Tryouts for the 12- to 15-year-old team is 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 17 and 19 at Todd Fields.
Tryouts for the Loggers’ 18-and-under club are scheduled Aug. 18 and 20 from 5-7:30 p.m. at Douglas High’s field in Minden.
Recommended Stories For You
Amaral’s older team typically plays 45-50 fall games and the younger club gets in between 25 and 30 games. Games are played on weekends from Chico to Bakersfield.
“I think I’ll have a good group of young players,” Amaral said.
For more information, phone Line Drive U at (775) 267-3331.
Trending In: Sports
- El Dorado County supervisor candidates find some common ground on VHR regulations
- Authorities recover body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe (updated)
- What lies in the depths of Lake Tahoe’s waters? (video)
- Whittell celebrates Lisa Maloff, football team crushes Smith Valley at new digs
- Referendum backers submit signatures; South Lake Tahoe marijuana regulations delayed (updated)