Lake Tahoe Community College girls dominate San Francisco in tie
September 15, 2018
Despite out-shooting its opponent by a huge margin, the Lake Tahoe Community College women's soccer team couldn't find a way to put the ball in the net more than once.
The Lady Coyotes out-shot City College of San Francisco 17-1, had numerous point blank opportunities, including hitting the post twice in the second half, but came away with a 1-1 tie at Las Positas College in Livermore.
The Lady Coyotes surrendered their first goal of the season on a broken play in the 60th minute, but five minutes later, Tahoe freshman Cheyenne Banks rocketed home the equalizer.
"Efficiency and execution hurt us in the game," said Lake Tahoe fourth-year head coach Jeremy Evans, whose team beat Napa Valley 9-0 last Friday at LTCC. "We didn't play intelligently in the first half, made some adjustments, and then created about as many scoring chances as mathematically possible in the second half. Unfortunately, we lacked that killer instinct in front of the goal and it cost us. I'm confident that won't happen again this weekend."
LTCC (3-0-1), which is ranked No. 5 in this week's national poll, plays at No. 7 Las Positas on Friday in Livermore, then on Saturday plays at Evergreen Valley in San Jose.
Trending In: Sports
- South Tahoe boys’ basketball rolls past rival Truckee
- Some Lake Tahoe resorts offering deals for first-time skiers and riders
- ST, Whittell, Incline battle conditions, have mixed results at ski meet
- Viking girls can’t hold second-half lead in loss to rival Wolverines
- Highlander boys catch fire after alarm goes off
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Moderate snow to start Tuesday; storms could bring over 3 feet
- UPDATE: Chain requirements in effect on most Lake Tahoe area highways
- UPDATE: Douglas County homicides determined not related to El Dorado case
- Sierra Avalanche Center issues backcountry avalanche watch for Lake Tahoe region