Lake Tahoe Community College women continue shutout streak in win over Siskiyous
November 1, 2017
Seven different players scored and goalkeeper Claudia Janese posted her 13th shutout of the season Friday, Oct. 27, as the Lake Tahoe Community College women's soccer team beat College of Siskiyous 7-0 at LTCC.
On a night when the Lady Coyotes honored their four sophomores, two them got on the score sheet in the victory.
Kenya Maltase opened the scoring in the fifth minute and added an assist later, while Rebecca Niblett scored the first goal of the second half and assisted on one later.
Madison Boyd, Annie Brejc, Graciela Palencia, Melanie Ara and Brooke King also scored for Lake Tahoe, which improved to 13-2-3 overall and remained undefeated in Golden Valley Conference play at 9-0.
Ranked No. 10 nationally in this week's poll, Lake Tahoe traveled to Feather River on Tuesday. The result wasn't available as of press time.
With their next conference win, the Lady Coyotes will claim their first Golden Valley Conference title in the program's four-year history.
Trending In: Sports
- South Lake Tahoe’s Jamie Anderson named to 2018-19 US Snowboard Team
- Heavenly, Kirkwood and Northstar ski resorts announce 2018-19 opening dates
- Lady Coyotes angry at playoff seed, ready for Evergreen Saturday in 1st round
- Shooting restrictions affect Tahoe region, gun safety urged
- South Tahoe volleyball fights back, but falls in state semifinals
- ELECTION UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T passing by 58 votes
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency approves US 50 South Shore Community Revitalization Project
- ELECTION UPDATE: Measure T’s lead falls to 47 votes in South Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Keys Marina vows legal action after City Council rejects land swap appeal
- South Lake Tahoe man jailed after allegedly selling pot to minors