LTCC women’s soccer blanks Redwoods 3-0
October 15, 2014
OROVILLE, Calif. — The Lake Tahoe Community College women's soccer team got off to a fast start Friday to notch its first win in conference play. The Coyotes did all their scoring in the first half in a 3-0 win over College of the Redwoods in a match held at Butte College.
"We had the energy and possession — and we dominated all facets of the game," Coyotes head coach Christian DeLeon said.
Lake Tahoe (5-4-3, 1-1-1 Golden Valley) opened the scoring with a fourth-minute goal from winger Brianna Carroll. Forward Tori Smith found the back of the net in the 24th minute, and defender Mackenna Lynn scored seven minutes after that to give the Coyotes a 3-0 lead headed into the break.
LTCC goalkeeper Alejandra Orozco made three saves in the shutout victory. Friday's match marked the first time Redwoods (1-4, 0-3) had been blanked all season.
Lake Tahoe returned to action Tuesday at home against Butte. The Coyotes host Feather River College (Quincy, Calif.) on Friday at 2 p.m., the first game of a doubleheader.
Trending In: Sports
- Incline senior going for unprecedented 4th state swimming title
- South Tahoe’s Buchholz, Whittell’s White, Rippett win Northern League titles, qualify for state
- South Tahoe earns 5th place at state golf tourney
- South Tahoe sends nearly a dozen swimmers to state meet
- Paige Spiranac talks to Tahoe youth about overcoming cyberbullying
- In tourism-driven Tahoe, hotels are turning into homes
- Man who stole ski passes from Lake Tahoe resort faces probation violation
- UPDATE: US 395 reopens after mudslide near Nevada-California state line
- Caltrans: Stoplight at Camp Richardson discontinued indefinitely
- Lake Tahoe AleWorX prepares to open second taproom featuring full bar