Man killed in Yosemite fall on Christmas Day identified
January 8, 2019
YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK, Calif. — A man who died after falling into a river at Yosemite National Park on Christmas Day has been identified.
Mariposa County coroner’s officials say he was 32-year-old Joshua Brock Conner of Lakeview, Ohio.
Assistant Mariposa County coroner Andrea Stewart told the Mercury News on Monday that Conner died of head injuries at Emerald Pool.
Officials say Conner apparently slipped down Silver Apron, a large, sloping granite area above Nevada Fall, and suffered a head injury.
Rangers responding to a 911 call arrived on scene in less than an hour and pulled the man from the water.
Conner’s death was first reported by Outside Magazine.
Recommended Stories For You
The park didn’t issue a press release about the death because of the government shutdown, which began more than two weeks ago.
Trending In: Sports
- Vikings baseball off to hot start, sweeps North Valleys
- South Tahoe’s Griffis signs to play football for Presentation College
- State Champs! Incline Village prevails over The Meadows School in Las Vegas
- South Tahoe baseball starts strong, eyes another run at state title
- Incline star Redfern sweeps MVP awards, freshman Stranzl earns top honors