Mariners pull off rally from six runs behind
May 28, 2003
Mariner pitchers Jake Braun and John Robinson blanked the Yankees over the final four innings to set up a rally from six runs down as the Mariners won the South Tahoe National Little League minor game 7-6.
The Mariners scored twice in the fourth inning and pushed across five in the fifth — the decisive run scoring on Jake Braun’s double. Robinson and Rex McKeon belted RBI singles in the fifth.
Robinson and McKeon delivered two hits for the Mariners, while Johnny Shuman singled twice and Zac Tierney tripled for the Yankees.
Angels 4, Cubs 3
Miltaiye Vasquez scored the winning run in the fourth inning after reaching on a walk, advancing on an error and scoring on Mike Jacobs’ single.
Nick Twyman earned the victory with two solid innings of relief. He fanned five and gave up two hits.
Recommended Stories For You
Cubs’ starter Ben Sullivan allowed just one hit and struck out six in four innings work.
Dodgers 12, Yankees 7
Cody WIlliams went 3 for 3, including a pair of doubles, and scored three runs to key the Dodgers’ victory.
Matt Olivares also scored in each of his three at-bats. Jake Williams singled twice and Bryce Hallam doubled and scored.
Dodger pitchers Conrad Iacobellis and Cody Williams collectively struck out nine.
Ryan Clark doubled and scored two runs and Chris Garrett connected for two singles for the Yankees.
Padres 6, Giants 2
Bryan Puleri stroked a two-run double to support the two-hit and nine-strikeout pitching of Mike Weber and Alex Potnick.
A first-inning double by Chris Peterson and a second-inning single by Christian Creel were the only hits off the Padre pitching staff.
Giant pitchers Rigel Garman, Brian Henderson and Chris Peterson set down 11 Padres on strikes.
Padres 8, Mariners 5
Jorey Scott’s three-run triple during a five-run fourth inning helped the Padres sink the Mariners.
Scott also singled and scored a run. Alex Potnik also tripled and singled and Evan Brown collected two singles for the Padres.
Mike Weber and Alex Potnik pitched three-hit ball and struck out 11 over five innings.
Jake Braun of Mariners doubled and scored and pitcher Jared Morris struck out 10.
Angels 12, Dodgers 10
Phillip Cantway doubled and Zach Zander singled during a decisive two-run rally in the sixth inning.
Nick Twyman tripled and Josh Williamson followed with a home run during the Angels’ three-run first inning.
Cody Williams homered and scored twice for the Dodgers.
Trending In: Sports
- Incline senior going for unprecedented 4th state swimming title
- South Tahoe’s Buchholz, Whittell’s White, Rippett win Northern League titles, qualify for state
- South Tahoe earns 5th place at state golf tourney
- Paige Spiranac talks to Tahoe youth about overcoming cyberbullying
- South Tahoe sends nearly a dozen swimmers to state meet
- In tourism-driven Tahoe, hotels are turning into homes
- UPDATE: US 395 reopens after mudslide near Nevada-California state line
- Hiker dies after falling from Yosemite’s Half Dome trail
- Man who stole ski passes from Lake Tahoe resort faces probation violation
- Caltrans: Stoplight at Camp Richardson discontinued indefinitely