McLaughlin contributes to No. 1 team’s win
March 2, 2006
Lindenwood University picked a pretty intense time to elevate Shawn McLaughlin to its varsity volleyball team.
An injury to the Lions’ serving specialist gave the South Tahoe High alum an opportunity to play against Park, the nation’s fourth-ranked team, on Tuesday night near St. Louis, Mo.
McLaughlin made an immediate contribution with 10 service points and three aces. He scored six straight points, including three aces, with the Lions trailing by two points.
Lindenwood went on to win the match three games to two, avenging one of their three defeats for the season. The Lions (21-3) and are ranked No. 1 in the Tachikara National Association Intercollegiate Athletics men’s top 10 poll.
Trending In: Sports
- Sierra-at-Tahoe 2018-19 season passes available for purchase
- Diamond Peak Ski Resort kicks off early bird 2018-19 season pass sale
- Heavenly’s backcountry requires common sense, not cell phones
- First person to swim length of Lake Tahoe reflects back on 1955 feat
- 13 STMS wrestlers headed to Tah-Neva Championships
- Lake Tahoe weather: Another winter storm could bring several feet of snow in Sierra high country
- Couple to get $2.5M after police called abduction by Lake Tahoe lawyer a hoax
- El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office IDs bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts report over 4 feet of snow in 48 hours
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3 feet of snow at some ski resorts; another 1-3 feet of snow possible