McLaughlin contributes to No. 1 team’s win
March 2, 2006
Lindenwood University picked a pretty intense time to elevate Shawn McLaughlin to its varsity volleyball team.
An injury to the Lions’ serving specialist gave the South Tahoe High alum an opportunity to play against Park, the nation’s fourth-ranked team, on Tuesday night near St. Louis, Mo.
McLaughlin made an immediate contribution with 10 service points and three aces. He scored six straight points, including three aces, with the Lions trailing by two points.
Lindenwood went on to win the match three games to two, avenging one of their three defeats for the season. The Lions (21-3) and are ranked No. 1 in the Tachikara National Association Intercollegiate Athletics men’s top 10 poll.
Trending In: Sports
- South Tahoe boys’ soccer latest to fall against 3A newcomer North Valleys
- Lady Vikings soccer crushing league opponents
- Whittell gridders excited for home game, field dedication
- South Tahoe football stays positive, hosts Fallon Friday night
- Preps roundup: Viking volleyers win 2 of 3; Buchholz sets personal best
- El Dorado County supervisor candidates find some common ground on VHR regulations
- Authorities recover body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe (updated)
- What lies in the depths of Lake Tahoe’s waters? (video)
- Whittell celebrates Lisa Maloff, football team crushes Smith Valley at new digs
- Re-vamped Apple Hill shuttle gets a test drive