Merry Christmas: New foot of snow at some Lake Tahoe ski resorts
December 25, 2018
Christmas is delivering for all the skiers and riders at Lake Tahoe.
Resorts around the lake are reporting anywhere from 4 to 13 inches of new snow in the last 24 hours.
Here are the totals reported by the resorts as of Wednesday morning:
- Diamond Peak Ski Resort: 13 inches
- Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe: 10-11 inches
- Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows: 11 inches
- Heavenly Mountain Resort: 9 inches
- Sierra-at-Tahoe: 9 inches
- Kirkwood Mountain Resort: 7 inches
An additional 1/2 inch of snow is possible this morning, according to the National Weather Service in Reno.
“Slick, snow-covered roads will be possible this Christmas morning and people should allow for extra time to reach their destinations.”
Trending In: Sports
- South Tahoe boys’ basketball rolls past rival Truckee
- Some Lake Tahoe resorts offering deals for 1st timers starting this weekend
- ST, Whittell, Incline battle conditions, have mixed results at ski meet
- Viking girls can’t hold second-half lead in loss to rival Wolverines
- Diamond Peak skiers nearly sweep U19 podium in Far West series
- Lake Tahoe weather: Moderate snow to start Tuesday; storms could bring over 3 feet
- Lake Tahoe weather: Several feet of snow possible at Lake Tahoe this week
- Sierra Avalanche Center issues backcountry avalanche watch for Lake Tahoe region
- Blizzard warning issued for Lake Tahoe high country
- UPDATE: Chain requirements in effect on most Lake Tahoe area highways