Nuggets, Shock youths claim recreation hoops championships
March 27, 2018
The Nuggets in the third and fourth-grade boy's division and the Shock, girls third to fifth grade, claimed championships on Tuesday, March 13, in the Douglas County Parks and Recreation Department Youth Basketball League at the Kahle Community Center.
The Nuggets beat the Lakers 42-16 to reach the final, while the Spurs edged the Warriors 29-26. Jacob Davis scored 15 points and Slater Devin had 14 to lead the Nuggets. The Spurs got 15 points from Luke Swanson and eight points from Logan DeBaun.
The Shock beat the Sparks 38-23 in the finals and also beat Sting 22-12 in the semifinals. The Sparks topped the Mystics 29-25 to reach the title game. Sawyer Mathews scored 18 points to lead the Shock in the final. Avery Long scored 15 in the final and 20 in the semifinals to lead the Sparks.
Trending In: Sports
- Lake Tahoe roads: I-80 closed, chain requirements in effect on highways (updated)
- Lake Tahoe roads: I-80 and Mt Rose Highway still closed (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: Rain to turn to snow today; storm warning remains in effect
- Snow or rain? Winter storm could drench Lake Tahoe
- Most chain requirements dropped around Lake Tahoe (updated)