Nuggets, Shock youths claim recreation hoops championships
March 27, 2018
The Nuggets in the third and fourth-grade boy's division and the Shock, girls third to fifth grade, claimed championships on Tuesday, March 13, in the Douglas County Parks and Recreation Department Youth Basketball League at the Kahle Community Center.
The Nuggets beat the Lakers 42-16 to reach the final, while the Spurs edged the Warriors 29-26. Jacob Davis scored 15 points and Slater Devin had 14 to lead the Nuggets. The Spurs got 15 points from Luke Swanson and eight points from Logan DeBaun.
The Shock beat the Sparks 38-23 in the finals and also beat Sting 22-12 in the semifinals. The Sparks topped the Mystics 29-25 to reach the title game. Sawyer Mathews scored 18 points to lead the Shock in the final. Avery Long scored 15 in the final and 20 in the semifinals to lead the Sparks.
Trending In: Sports
- South Lake Tahoe’s Jamie Anderson named to 2018-19 US Snowboard Team
- Heavenly, Kirkwood and Northstar ski resorts announce 2018-19 opening dates
- Lady Coyotes angry at playoff seed, ready for Evergreen Saturday in 1st round
- Shooting restrictions affect Tahoe region, gun safety urged
- South Tahoe volleyball fights back, but falls in state semifinals
- ELECTION UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T passing by 58 votes
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency approves US 50 South Shore Community Revitalization Project
- ELECTION UPDATE: Measure T’s lead falls to 47 votes in South Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Keys Marina vows legal action after City Council rejects land swap appeal
- South Lake Tahoe man jailed after allegedly selling pot to minors