Orman powers Giants past Cubs
May 23, 2003
Spencer Orman of the Giants blasted a two-run homer and a two-run triple to lead the Giants past the Cubs 17-4 in South Tahoe National Little League major action May 13.
The Giants used two big innings to overcome a 2-0 deficit. They scored seven runs in the fourth and eight more in the sixth.
Matt Stuck of the Giants hit a double and single and scored twice and Jacob Price came off the bench to account for three hits and three runs.
Jake Leonard bashed a two-run homer and a sacrifice fly and Derek Holmgren collected three hits and two runs for the Cubs. Chris Klug also was good for two hits.
Marlins 8, A’s 3
Sam Pierini and Max Delallo tossed a four-hitter and fanned nine as the Marlins remained undefeated.
Recommended Stories For You
Marlins’ cleanup and No. 5 hitters, Joel Morris and Delallo, combined for five hits. Morris had two doubles and a single and scored three runs. Delallo belted two doubles and scored once.
Cameron Hausfield singled and scored for the A’s.
Reds 8, D-Backs 5
After surrendering five first-inning runs on five hits, Reds’ pitchers Kazzy Kosciolek and Jordan Morgan blanked the Diamondbacks on one hit the rest of the way.
The Reds’ pitchers struck out 11. They also were instrumental in generating some runs as Kosciolek slugged a two-run triple and Morgan a run-scoring triple during a six-run third inning.
Jeffrey Lee’s two-run single keyed the Diamondbacks’ productive first inning. Morgan, Alan McLeod, Nik Olivares and Sam Kerr pounded two hits for the Reds. Gary Prescott hit two for the D-Backs.
Pirates 8, Rockies 6
Matt Blank and Kyle DiGrande limited the Rockies to six hits and Colt Johnston and D.J. Dupuy led off the Pirates’ first with a triple and double to give their team the lead for good.
Matt Marsh of the Reds got a good workout on the bases by hitting a pair of triples and a single. Max Simonian totaled three hits as well.
Trending In: Sports
- Whittell sprinters bring home track, field state championships
- STMS boys cross country wins 7th grade race at Tah-Neva Championships
- Incline Village freshman Jenkins wins state Class 2A title in high jump
- South Tahoe’ Holmes finishes senior year with 3rd place at state meet
- Otomo helps Viking girls earn 4th at state swim meet
- Hiker dies after falling from Yosemite’s Half Dome trail
- Sustainable Community Alliance submits signatures for initiative to maintain South Lake Tahoe VHR cap
- El Dorado County DA: Charges filed in 2008 death of baby in South Lake Tahoe
- South Lake Tahoe police investigating robbery at credit union
- UPDATE: US 395 reopens after mudslide near Nevada-California state line