Pop Warner Cheer Squads take top honors at Reno competition
November 3, 2009
South Tahoe Pop Warner cheer squads took top honors at the Sagebrush Cheer Competition in Reno on Oct. 24. The PeeWee and Junior PeeWee squads both took first place, while the Tiny Mites “put up an excellent performance,” said Chuck Leonard, president of the South Tahoe Pop Warner Football Association. Both of the upper squads will move on to the regional cheer competition Nov. 27-29 in Santa Clara.
If cheerleaders place well at the regional competition, they will move on to nationals in Florida on Dec. 4.
Donations are being accepted to help offset the costs of travel and accommodations. The cost of the regional competition is approximately $2,500 for both teams. The cost of taking a team to nationals is approximately $30,000, Leonard said.
Donations can be sent to South Tahoe Pop Warner, P.O. Box 14001, South Lake Tahoe, CA, 96151. South Tahoe Pop Warner is a 501(c) nonprofit corporation.
For information call Leonard at (530) 314-9728 or Sarah Sheldon at (530) 318-2124.
Trending In: Sports
- Lady Coyotes advance, receive surprise after drubbing Evergreen Valley
- Heavenly, Kirkwood and Northstar ski resorts announce 2018-19 opening dates
- Lady Coyotes angry at playoff seed, ready for Evergreen Saturday in 1st round
- South Lake Tahoe’s Jamie Anderson named to 2018-19 US Snowboard Team
- Heavenly, Northstar push back opening days to Nov. 23; Kirkwood to announce new date
- ELECTION UPDATE: Measure T’s lead falls to 47 votes in South Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency approves US 50 South Shore Community Revitalization Project
- Tahoe Keys Marina vows legal action after City Council rejects land swap appeal
- ELECTION UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T passing by 58 votes
- South Lake Tahoe man jailed after allegedly selling pot to minors