Ramos leads Incline golfers at invitational
September 17, 2018
Highlander Scarlet Ramos recorded the lowest score Monday, Sept. 10, in the Incline Invitational golf tournament at Eagle Valley Golf Course.
Ramos took first place with a score of 96.
Second place went to teammate Hannah Welco, who shot a 117, and in third place was Sierra Lutheran's Alyssa Holmberg with a 118.
Sierra Lutheran won the team title with a score of 497.
"The golf course was playing very long for the ladies and all competitors showed perseverance for what they now know is a tremendous test of mental focus to play and walk a championship golf course for 18 holes on a hot afternoon," said Incline head coach Rollen Casselberry. "Thank you goes to Dave and Conrad at Eagle Valley Golf for their guidance and use of their course and to the coaching staffs of Incline, Sierra Lutheran and Coral Academy for monitoring and assisting the golfers while on the course."
Incline played Thursday afternoon at Sunridge Golf Club in Carson City and will play next week at The Golf Club at Fernley in Lyon County, Nevada.
Trending In: Sports
- Kirkwood Mountain to open backside, Heavenly Mountain to open California side Saturday
- Incline boys net 4 hoops victories in 4 days at Whittell tournament
- Incline Village volleyball stars Racich, Cohn earn top awards
- Whittell hoops wins 5th straight to open season; host big tournament this week
- Viking boys run up against stiff competition at Wild West Shootout
- TMZ: Tom Cruise in South Lake Tahoe to film scenes for ‘Top Gun’ sequel
- Backcountry skier rescued near Mount Tallac after falling over 200 feet (video)
- Realtor group vows to stay involved, looks ‘forward to continued discussion’ following passage of Measure T
- Lake Tahoe weather: Sunny conditions through weekend, snow possible next week
- Sierra snowpack well above average after storms