Ramos leads Incline golfers at invitational
September 17, 2018
Highlander Scarlet Ramos recorded the lowest score Monday, Sept. 10, in the Incline Invitational golf tournament at Eagle Valley Golf Course.
Ramos took first place with a score of 96.
Second place went to teammate Hannah Welco, who shot a 117, and in third place was Sierra Lutheran's Alyssa Holmberg with a 118.
Sierra Lutheran won the team title with a score of 497.
"The golf course was playing very long for the ladies and all competitors showed perseverance for what they now know is a tremendous test of mental focus to play and walk a championship golf course for 18 holes on a hot afternoon," said Incline head coach Rollen Casselberry. "Thank you goes to Dave and Conrad at Eagle Valley Golf for their guidance and use of their course and to the coaching staffs of Incline, Sierra Lutheran and Coral Academy for monitoring and assisting the golfers while on the course."
Incline played Thursday afternoon at Sunridge Golf Club in Carson City and will play next week at The Golf Club at Fernley in Lyon County, Nevada.
Trending In: Sports
- Guest column: Vote ‘No’ on Measure T, save jobs (opinion)
- Power switched off in Northern California amid fire fears
- Annual grading season at Lake Tahoe ends today
- US 50 roadwork in South Lake Tahoe to continue through October
- Guest column: Tahoe Chamber announces endorsements for upcoming election (opinion)