Registration begins Saturday for Pop Warner football and cheer
March 15, 2018
The first day of signups for South Tahoe Pop Warner football and cheerleading will be held from 2 to 5 p.m. Saturday, March 17, at the Kahle Community Center located at 236 Kingsbury Grade, in Stateline.
Boys and girls from ages 5 to 14 are eligible. The kids must be between 5 years old as of Aug. 1 and age 14 on the same date.
The cost to play football is $225, down from last year, and includes a jersey with the kid's last name, warm-up T-shirt, insurance and pads and helmet that must be returned following the season.
The cost for cheerleading is $325 and includes a uniform, warm-up T-shirt, insurance, bows, socks and competition shoes and pom-poms that must be returned following the season.
Players must be present at registration with their parents or guardians, along with payment, a third-semester report card, completed registration packet and birth certificate.
The athletes will also need to complete a physical by July 27 in order to be on the field for the first practice on Aug. 1.
Recommended Stories For You
Coaches for both football and cheer are needed.
For more information, call Tina Rodriguez at 775-354-3581 or Mario Guerrero at 510-384-6510.
Trending In: Sports
- Lady Coyotes advance, receive surprise after drubbing Evergreen Valley
- Lady Coyotes angry at playoff seed, ready for Evergreen Saturday in 1st round
- Heavenly, Kirkwood and Northstar ski resorts announce 2018-19 opening dates
- Coyote men peaking at right time, excited for rematch with Folsom Lake in playoffs
- Heavenly, Northstar push back opening days to Nov. 23; Kirkwood to announce new date
- ELECTION UPDATE: Measure T’s lead falls to 47 votes in South Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency approves US 50 South Shore Community Revitalization Project
- Freeway from Carson City to Reno to close Nov. 17-18
- Tahoe Keys Marina vows legal action after City Council rejects land swap appeal
- Heavenly Mountain Resort opens for the 2018-19 season