S. Tahoe JV baseball takes two from Fernley
April 22, 2014
South Tahoe's JV baseball team continued its season up-swing Saturday by winning a doubleheader at Fernley.
"The No. 1 thing on my mind is, we played Fernley in our preseason tournament and they beat us 9-2," said head coach Kevin Higgins. "We're obviously very please with the result."
The Vikings have now won eight of their last 11 after dropping six of their first seven games.
Moises Cuevas picked up a win as he pitched a complete seven innings giving up only six hits and striking out four as the Vikings went on to win game one 8-3.
Justin Cain got on base three times with two hits and a walk. Logan Brewer had four RBIs on four hits and Chaz Ross added two RBIs off a double, his only hit of the game.
Ross pitched a complete game with five strikeouts in the 11-4 victory in game two.
Recommended Stories For You
Josh Sullivan reached base all four of his plate appearances, going 3-for-3 and a walk. Logan Brewer went 3-5 with two RBIs. Caleb Russell and Ross each had two hits and Russell drove in three.
"We got our usual steady performance with (Cuevas) and Ross got his first start without giving up a hit," Higgins said. "Logan Brewer continued to be our consistent bat. All the guys at the top of the order hit the ball well all day."
Trending In: Sports
- South Tahoe boys’ soccer latest to fall against 3A newcomer North Valleys
- Lady Vikings soccer crushing league opponents
- Whittell gridders excited for home game, field dedication
- South Tahoe football stays positive, hosts Fallon Friday night
- Preps roundup: Viking volleyers win 2 of 3; Buchholz sets personal best
- El Dorado County supervisor candidates find some common ground on VHR regulations
- Authorities recover body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe (updated)
- What lies in the depths of Lake Tahoe’s waters? (video)
- Whittell celebrates Lisa Maloff, football team crushes Smith Valley at new digs
- Re-vamped Apple Hill shuttle gets a test drive