San Jose sweeps two-game series with Tahoe Blue
May 15, 2003
The Lake Tahoe Blue and San Jose gave nearly 100 spectators excitement to the finish in a pair of semi-pro hockey games last weekend at the South Tahoe Ice Arena.
Andy Barrie, Emilio Beaver and Matt Quinn scored goals for the Blue in a 5-3 defeat to San Jose on Friday. John Illvento, Gary Gramprie, Derrik Wagner and Ken Venus collected assists.
San Jose iced the game late by scoring into an empty net.
The visitors again needed a late empty-net goal to put away the Blue 6-4 on Saturday night.
Beaver, Gramprie, Jim Dunleavy and Mark Seppe scored Blue goals, while Barrie, Wagner and Mark Heidt had assists.
The Blue was originally scheduled to play Seattle this weekend. Seattle can’t make the trip, but the Blue will play a team from Medford, Ore., instead. Game times are 9 p.m. Friday and 5:15 p.m. Saturday at the ice arena.
Recommended Stories For You
Tickets are $5 for adults and children under 14 are admitted for free.
Trending In: Sports
- Incline senior going for unprecedented 4th state swimming title
- South Tahoe’s Buchholz, Whittell’s White, Rippett win Northern League titles, qualify for state
- Incline tracksters to be well-represented in Carson City
- Tips for a safe and fun kayaking trip on Lake Tahoe
- Paige Spiranac talks to Tahoe youth about overcoming cyberbullying
- Man who stole ski passes from Lake Tahoe resort faces probation violation
- Lake Tahoe AleWorX prepares to open second taproom featuring full bar
- Amgen Tour of California road closure information for Lake Tahoe
- Caltrans: Stoplight at Camp Richardson discontinued indefinitely
- Council: More feedback needed before changes to South Lake Tahoe food truck regs