San Jose to face off with Tahoe Blue
May 9, 2003
Getting enough hockey from the National Hockey League playoffs?
If not, the Tahoe Blue, an adult hockey team, has two weekends worth of home games coming up, starting with Friday and Saturday games against the San Jose Puhl.
Game times are 9:30 p.m. Friday and 5:15 p.m. Saturday at the South Tahoe Ice Arena.
The Blue will return to the ice arena May 16 and 17 for games against the Seattle Shamrocks.
The cost is $5 for adults and children 12 and under are admitted free.
The Blue’s 20-member roster contains players ages 23 to 45. Players’ backgrounds range from junior hockey to the NCAA Division I hockey.
Recommended Stories For You
The team is committed to providing an opportunity for boys and girls in the community to participate in organized hockey. They fund-raising efforts are providing money for camp scholarships and ice team, as well as equipment such as skates, protective gear and uniforms.
Trending In: Sports
- STMS boys cross country wins 7th grade race at Tah-Neva Championships
- Incline Village freshman Jenkins wins state Class 2A title in high jump
- Whittell sprinters bring home track, field state championships
- South Tahoe’ Holmes finishes senior year with 3rd place at state meet
- Lake Tahoe School excels at track, field league championships
- Forest Service: Spread the word on Leave No Trace ethics in Lake Tahoe
- South Lake Tahoe police investigating robbery at credit union
- El Dorado County DA: Charges filed in 2008 death of baby in South Lake Tahoe
- Study finds bears hibernating less with warmer winters, access to human food (video)
- Hiker dies after falling from Yosemite’s Half Dome trail