Second-half goals lead Mutiny to men’s title
August 21, 2005
Brian Lamont and Aaron Moore each scored second-half goals as Tahoe Mutiny defeated Harvey’s 2-0 in the Lake Tahoe Soccer League Veterans Division (30 and over) championship game Sunday at the South Lake Tahoe Community Playfields.
Lamont scored just over 20 minutes into the second half following a nifty move inside the penalty box before slotting a shot past the goalie. A few minutes later, Moore added an insurance goal following a scramble inside the box that left the goalie out of position.
The Lake Tahoe Soccer League’s Open Division championship game between No. 1 seed Tahoe Mutiny and No. 2 seed San Antonio begins tonight at 6:30 at SLTCF.
Tahoe Mutiny beat No. 3-seeded Corona 4-2 in a semifinal game on Wednesday, while San Antonio defeated No. 3 seed and defending league champion Buenavista 5-1 in the other semifinal.
Tahoe Mutiny and San Antonio were the top two teams all season, with the teams tying in their first meeting and San Antonio posting a 3-2 victory in the other.
Buenavista and Corona will play in the third-fourth place game that starts at 5:30 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
The consolation final involves 30-minute halves and the championship game 40-minute halves.
Trending In: Sports
- Susie Lake: 8 miles of bliss in Desolation Wilderness
- Incline Village freshman Jenkins wins state Class 2A title in high jump
- STMS boys cross country wins 7th grade race at Tah-Neva Championships
- Whittell sprinters bring home track, field state championships
- Lake Tahoe School excels at track, field league championships