Shortridge leads Viking golfers in league meets
October 7, 2018
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, Calif. — South Tahoe's Jenna Shortridge recorded low scores for the girls' golf team on Monday and Tuesday to help the Vikings earn fifth-place finishes at Northern League meets.
Shortridge fired a 103 Monday at Dayton Valley as the Vikings scored a team total of 458.
Also for South Tahoe, senior Hannah Heidel shot a personal-best 109.
Heidel bettered her mark by one stroke the next day and helped the Vikings finish in a tie with Truckee for fifth with a score of 441.
Seniors Sydney McCarthy and Jordyn Yochheim also shot personal bests, 109 and 117, respectively, to help back Shortridge's team best 107.
Shortridge sits in third place among league individuals not on a playoff-qualifying team. The top six individuals not on qualifying teams make the state playoffs.
Recommended Stories For You
"Jenna has a chance to be the first Viking to make it to state in five years, since Ayden Williamson last went in 2013," said Vikings head coach Greg Kuntz.
The state tournament will be played Monday and Tuesday, Oct. 15-16, at Schaffer's Mill in Truckee.
The Vikings travel to Fernley on Tuesday and Lowry on Wednesday in the final two tournaments of the season.
Trending In: Sports
- Kirkwood Mountain to open backside, Heavenly Mountain to open California side Saturday
- Incline boys net 4 hoops victories in 4 days at Whittell tournament
- Incline Village volleyball stars Racich, Cohn earn top awards
- Whittell hoops wins 5th straight to open season; host big tournament this week
- Viking boys run up against stiff competition at Wild West Shootout
- TMZ: Tom Cruise in South Lake Tahoe to film scenes for ‘Top Gun’ sequel
- Backcountry skier rescued near Mount Tallac after falling over 200 feet (video)
- Realtor group vows to stay involved, looks ‘forward to continued discussion’ following passage of Measure T
- Lake Tahoe weather: Sunny conditions through weekend, snow possible next week
- Sierra snowpack well above average after storms