Sierra-at-Tahoe announces 2017-18 opening date
December 1, 2017
Sierra-at-Tahoe announced today that it will open for the 2017-18 season on Saturday, Dec. 2.
In its announcement, the resort said it will offer limited terrain accessed by two lifts and two surface lifts. Early season conditions are present throughout the mountain and guests are asked to obey all signs and closures.
"While we're waiting for winter to kick into high gear, we're proud of what we have to offer on the upper mountain and are excited to get people up here and give them the opportunity to make a few turns" John Rice, general manager, said in a press release.
Sierra-at-Tahoe will spin Grandview Express and Easy Rider Express, giving guests access to 11 trails and two terrain parks. Sierra Snowsports School will offer limited lessons, while snowplay and sledding will be unavailable until the resort receives more snow.
Guests are encouraged to use caution when skiing/snowboarding as natural obstacles may exist and may not be marked. Preservation of snow will be key on runs such as Corkscrew where guests will be asked to "go slow and save the snow."
Day tickets can be purchased for $71.
Trending In: Sports
- Lady Coyotes advance, receive surprise after drubbing Evergreen Valley
- Lady Coyotes angry at playoff seed, ready for Evergreen Saturday in 1st round
- Heavenly, Kirkwood and Northstar ski resorts announce 2018-19 opening dates
- Coyote men peaking at right time, excited for rematch with Folsom Lake in playoffs
- Heavenly, Northstar push back opening days to Nov. 23; Kirkwood to announce new date
- ELECTION UPDATE: Measure T’s lead falls to 47 votes in South Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency approves US 50 South Shore Community Revitalization Project
- Freeway from Carson City to Reno to close Nov. 17-18
- Tahoe Keys Marina vows legal action after City Council rejects land swap appeal
- Heavenly Mountain Resort opens for the 2018-19 season