Sierra-at-Tahoe race results
February 17, 2018
About 100 athletes competed Saturday, Feb. 10, in the final United States of America Snowboard and Freeski Association's Skier / Boardercross at Sierra-at-Tahoe.
The competitors came from all over Northern California, and a little farther with a few kids listed from Alaska and Colorado.
"It was a beautiful day and we took advantage of the snow we still have," said Roger Ashton, president of the Sierra at Tahoe Education Foundation.
South Lake Tahoe residents claimed 10 first-place finishes in the different divisions. The South Shore winners were snowboarders Freya Hammerlein (girls 10-11); Lillia Verduzco (girls 8-9); Graydon Ross (boys 10-11); Lukas Schembri (boys 14-15); Kai Teteak (boys 8-9); and Carter Moynihan (boys 7 and under); and freeskiers Tanner Murphy, of Tahoma (boys 12-13); Zoe Loughlin (girls 12-13); Deia Steinmetz (girls 10-11); Pete Loughlin (men 50-59); and Waylon Evans (boys 7 and under).
Incline had a pair of winners including freeskiers Daisy James (girls 8-9) and Ashlyn James (7 and under).
Next up for the racers is a Far West Tahoe League alpine race on Saturday, Feb. 17, at Boreal and the next USASA event is a slopestyle that will take place Sunday, Feb. 25 at Sierra-at-Tahoe.
Trending In: Sports
- Lake Tahoe Community College girls dominate San Francisco in tie
- Hogan’s goal keys victory over Incline
- South Tahoe volleyers lose heartbreaker to Truckee
- South Tahoe Vikings football seeking 1st win, hosts Fernley tonight
- Take a hike: A scenic jaunt to Lake Margaret is well worth the work (watch the video)
- #TahoeSnaps: Summer winding down at Lake Tahoe
- Authorities ID man who may have drowned in Lake Tahoe
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office Marine Unit pulls body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe
- Guest column: Cannabis referendum bad for South Lake Tahoe (opinion)
- Tahoe Chamber hosting forum with El Dorado County supervisor candidates