Sierra-at-Tahoe race results
February 17, 2018
About 100 athletes competed Saturday, Feb. 10, in the final United States of America Snowboard and Freeski Association's Skier / Boardercross at Sierra-at-Tahoe.
The competitors came from all over Northern California, and a little farther with a few kids listed from Alaska and Colorado.
"It was a beautiful day and we took advantage of the snow we still have," said Roger Ashton, president of the Sierra at Tahoe Education Foundation.
South Lake Tahoe residents claimed 10 first-place finishes in the different divisions. The South Shore winners were snowboarders Freya Hammerlein (girls 10-11); Lillia Verduzco (girls 8-9); Graydon Ross (boys 10-11); Lukas Schembri (boys 14-15); Kai Teteak (boys 8-9); and Carter Moynihan (boys 7 and under); and freeskiers Tanner Murphy, of Tahoma (boys 12-13); Zoe Loughlin (girls 12-13); Deia Steinmetz (girls 10-11); Pete Loughlin (men 50-59); and Waylon Evans (boys 7 and under).
Incline had a pair of winners including freeskiers Daisy James (girls 8-9) and Ashlyn James (7 and under).
Next up for the racers is a Far West Tahoe League alpine race on Saturday, Feb. 17, at Boreal and the next USASA event is a slopestyle that will take place Sunday, Feb. 25 at Sierra-at-Tahoe.
Trending In: Sports
- Contractor damaged land in Emerald Bay; former employee considering lawsuit
- Lake Tahoe love story: Couple who met and reconnected in Tahoe to wed today
- Red White and Tahoe Blue organizers optimistic about salvaging July 4 fireworks in Incline Village after county denies permit
- Former Scripps/Howard estate on Lake Tahoe East Shore hits market for $35 million (video)
- Harrah’s and Harveys Lake Tahoe start paid parking for special events, holidays