Solano forfeits Saturday match, Lake Tahoe Community College advances in playoffs
November 18, 2017
The Lake Tahoe Community College women’s soccer team is advancing to the second round of the playoffs without even taking the field in round one.
The Solano Community College Falcons canceled today’s match against the Lady Coyotes due to a lack of players, according to LTCC.
The development means the No. 3 seed Coyotes advance to the next round of postseason play. LTCC will play at home on Tuesday, Nov. 21. The time and opposing team will be determined this weekend.
The Coyotes went undefeated in the Golden Valley Conference and allowed just one goal to win their first ever league title.
Trending In: Sports
- Tahoe Tribune review: Lime scooters fun, sometimes scary, to ride
- Steph Curry returning to Lake Tahoe for American Century Championship celebrity golf
- Hall of Fame pitcher John Smoltz excited for US Senior Open, celebrity golf tournament at Lake Tahoe
- Icemen star Frys commits to college on East Coast
- 22nd annual CUFA tournament features 175 teams on Lake Tahoe South Shore
- Lime electric scooters pose challenges for South Lake Tahoe law enforcement
- Contractor damaged land in Emerald Bay; former employee considering lawsuit
- Former Scripps/Howard estate on Lake Tahoe East Shore hits market for $35 million (video)
- Lake Tahoe elected officials fight for return of Sacramento NBC affiliate KCRA
- Guest column: A VHR owner’s perspective on what is happening in South Lake Tahoe (opinion)