Solano forfeits Saturday match, Lake Tahoe Community College advances in playoffs
November 18, 2017
The Lake Tahoe Community College women’s soccer team is advancing to the second round of the playoffs without even taking the field in round one.
The Solano Community College Falcons canceled today’s match against the Lady Coyotes due to a lack of players, according to LTCC.
The development means the No. 3 seed Coyotes advance to the next round of postseason play. LTCC will play at home on Tuesday, Nov. 21. The time and opposing team will be determined this weekend.
The Coyotes went undefeated in the Golden Valley Conference and allowed just one goal to win their first ever league title.
Trending In: Sports
- Headliner Church among 5 locals fighting at WFC 84 at MontBleu
- Redfern earns Offensive Most Valuable Player in 2A Northern League
- South Tahoe boys basketball edges Lowry in Div. I-A Northern League semifinals, punches ticket to state tournament
- Convict Lake has a colorful history
- Shooting restrictions affect Tahoe region, gun safety urged
- Lake Tahoe weather: Ski resorts report 1 foot of new snow; more in forecast for South Shore
- South Lake Tahoe begins drafting cannabis ordinance
- South Lake Tahoe’s Chris Cocores on mend, growing stronger from fatal car crash
- UPDATE: Two skiers rescued near Heavenly Mountain Resort
- Traditional Washoe structure destroyed in Incline Village