Soldiers ski and snowboard camp comes to Heavenly
March 4, 2003
The South Shore Soldiers Snowboard Exhibition and Ski/Snowboarding Camp for adults in on tap through the month of March at Heavenly Ski Resort.
The clinic will consist of four sessions, each with four days on the snow using the Soldiers’ private terrain park and halfpipe. Adults ages 18 and over, from beginner to advanced, are invited to attend the camps.
Each weeklong camp will feature one party with a live band or DJ, as well as a bowling party with complimentary drinks, raffle and plenty of bowling.
The camps also include intensive coaching from local professionals and daily video analysis.
Special guests scheduled to make appearances during the month are ‘guest riders’ Kevin Jones, Tara Dakides, Kurt Wastell, Shaun Palmer, Eddie Wall, Kyle Clancy, Andreas Wiig, Danny Kass, Nate Cole, Tina Basich, Sean Johnson and more. “Guest skiers’ include Jonny Moseley, Dash Long, Sarah Burke and others.
Ed McClain, head coach and co-organizer, noted that last year’s event was a “huge success” and he expects this, the camp’s second year, to do just as well or better.
Recommended Stories For You
“Last year was a huge success, but the real success is the amount of pros who come,” McClain said. “This year’s list of pro riders we have is really extensive. We also have a bunch of photographers who come and use this as a tool for spots in next year’s movies and magazines for both skiing and snowboarding. It is a big deal.”
McClain said the first two sessions, the first of which began Monday, are “pretty slow” with 15-20 registered campers. The second two weeks are both “pretty packed” with about 30 in each session.
“More are coming in every day,” he said.
A special ‘local’s package’ is offered for just $99, giving the camper use of the private terrain park only. Other packages include lodging and the full camp.
For more information on the camp, call toll free 1-(888) 712-7772.
Trending In: Sports
- Whittell sprinters bring home track, field state championships
- STMS boys cross country wins 7th grade race at Tah-Neva Championships
- South Tahoe’ Holmes finishes senior year with 3rd place at state meet
- Incline senior going for unprecedented 4th state swimming title
- Paige Spiranac talks to Tahoe youth about overcoming cyberbullying
- UPDATE: US 395 reopens after mudslide near Nevada-California state line
- Hiker dies after falling from Yosemite’s Half Dome trail
- In tourism-driven Tahoe, hotels are turning into homes
- Sustainable Community Alliance submits signatures for initiative to maintain South Lake Tahoe VHR cap
- El Dorado County DA: Charges filed in 2008 death of baby in South Lake Tahoe