Some Lake Tahoe resorts offering deals for 1st timers starting this weekend
January 11, 2019
A few Lake Tahoe mountain resorts are offering sharp discounts this month for first-time skiers and snowboarders.
Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe and Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Resort on the North Shore and Sierra-at-Tahoe will all offer special packages.
Mt. Rose and Tahoe Donner will kick off their specials Friday, Jan. 11, to coincide with the 11th annual National Learn to Ski & Snowboard Day, an industry-wide effort to offer the most beginner lessons in a single day. The current record is 6,002.
Participants Sunday at Mt. Rose can receive a two-hour group lesson, lift ticket accessing beginner terrain and rental equipment for $79.
The resort will also offer $99 Learn To Days on selected to be determined dates in January and includes a morning or afternoon two-hour beginner lesson, lift ticket accessing beginner lifts and terrain, and rental equipment. The regular price is $135.
Mt. Rose also offers the Next Step package ($135 if purchased in advance online) to give skiers and boarders more time on the slopes and access to intermediate terrain.
Recommended Stories For You
"We're excited to participate in National Learn to Ski and Snowboard Day to help achieve an industry record, but more importantly to introduce more people to the winter sports we love and turn them into lifelong skiers and snowboarders," said Director of marketing Mike Pierce in a statement.
For information, visit http://www.skirose.com.
Sierra on Friday, Jan. 18, and Friday, Jan. 25, is offering a Learn to Ski/Ride Day special for adults.
For $79, beginners will get a lesson, rentals and limited-access lift ticket.
Availability is limited, so guests need to book ahead online to secure their spot.
"At Sierra-at-Tahoe, we truly believe that skiing and snowboarding is for everyone, and our Learn to Ski/Ride Day is a great way to support that," said General Manager John Rice in a press release. "We want to make it as easy as possible for beginners to learn the sport, and to have an incredible experience on the mountain."
For information, visit http://www.sierraattahoe.com/event/learn-to-skiride-fridays.
Tahoe Donner on Sunday is offering a $49 package for first-time skiers or boarders that includes an all-day lift ticket, rental equipment and a 1.75 group lesson for ages 7 and up.
Each participant will also receive one free lift ticket (valid Sunday-Friday, non-holidays) to return at a later date this season. Quantities are limited.
As part of National Learn to Ski Month, Tahoe Donner will be offering $49 Learn to Ski/Ride packages Jan. 14-17 and Jan. 21-24.
For information, call 530-587-9444 or visit http://www.tahoedonner.com.
Trending In: Sports
- South Tahoe boys’ basketball rolls past rival Truckee
- Some Lake Tahoe resorts offering deals for 1st timers starting this weekend
- ST, Whittell, Incline battle conditions, have mixed results at ski meet
- Viking girls can’t hold second-half lead in loss to rival Wolverines
- Diamond Peak skiers nearly sweep U19 podium in Far West series
- Lake Tahoe weather: Moderate snow to start Tuesday; storms could bring over 3 feet
- Lake Tahoe weather: Several feet of snow possible at Lake Tahoe this week
- Sierra Avalanche Center issues backcountry avalanche watch for Lake Tahoe region
- UPDATE: Chain requirements in effect on most Lake Tahoe area highways
- Blizzard warning issued for Lake Tahoe high country