South Tahoe boys, girls hoops fall in Fallon
January 17, 2018
The South Tahoe boys' and girls' basketball teams both suffered losses Saturday, Jan. 13, against the Churchill County Greenwave in Fallon, Nevada.
The boys suffered a 69-55 setback while the girls were beaten 62-16.
The boys were coming off an 82-51 blowout of Sparks a couple of days earlier but that victory was sandwiched between a pair of defeats.
The Vikings fell behind early against the Greenwave 13-5 after the first quarter and still trailed by eight at halftime, 32-24.
Fallon extended its advantage in the third quarter and led 49-35 heading into the final eight minutes.
South Tahoe (7-6, 5-3 3A Northern League) will look to bounce back Friday, Jan. 19, on the road against its rival Truckee (2-6 Northern). The Vikings whipped the Wolverines by 16 points on Dec. 12 in their first meeting of the season.
Recommended Stories For You
The Lady Vikings (1-15, 1-7 Northern) had trouble keeping up the unbeaten league leaders from the start, trailing 20-2 after the first quarter and 34-9 at halftime.
The girls fell just short of defeating Truckee in their first meeting, losing 33-28 at South Tahoe.
South Tahoe returns home Saturday, Jan. 20, to face the Lowry Roughriders (3-5 Northern). Tip-off for the girls' game is at 1 p.m. and the boys will play after that around 2:30 p.m.
Trending In: Sports
- El Dorado County supervisor candidates find some common ground on VHR regulations
- Authorities recover body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe (updated)
- What lies in the depths of Lake Tahoe’s waters? (video)
- Whittell celebrates Lisa Maloff, football team crushes Smith Valley at new digs
- Referendum backers submit signatures; South Lake Tahoe marijuana regulations delayed (updated)