South Tahoe boys soccer whips Fernley in 3A quarterfinals
November 4, 2017
The South Tahoe boys' soccer team smashed Fernley 5-1 Thursday, Nov. 2, in the Nevada Interscholastic Activities Association 3A Northern Region playoff quarterfinals at Lowry High School in Winnemucca, Nevada.
Brandon Estrada scored two goals and Ignacio Vazquez, Gio Yanez and Oscar Marzocco also found the back of the net to lead the Vikings to victory.
The Vikings played the Truckee Wolverines Friday, Nov. 3, in the semifinals with the winner qualifying for a berth in the state tournament.
The Vikings have lost to Truckee 1-0 early in the league season then tied them 3-3 a couple of weeks later on their home turf.
If the Vikings win, they will play the winner of North Tahoe and Sparks for the 3A northern region title at noon Saturday, Nov. 4.
Trending In: Sports
- South Lake Tahoe’s Jamie Anderson named to 2018-19 US Snowboard Team
- Heavenly, Kirkwood and Northstar ski resorts announce 2018-19 opening dates
- Lady Coyotes angry at playoff seed, ready for Evergreen Saturday in 1st round
- Shooting restrictions affect Tahoe region, gun safety urged
- South Tahoe volleyball fights back, but falls in state semifinals
- ELECTION UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T passing by 58 votes
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency approves US 50 South Shore Community Revitalization Project
- ELECTION UPDATE: Measure T’s lead falls to 47 votes in South Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Keys Marina vows legal action after City Council rejects land swap appeal
- South Lake Tahoe man jailed after allegedly selling pot to minors