South Tahoe dance team claims 1st place
February 9, 2018
The South Tahoe High School Viking Dance Team earned first place and a standing ovation Saturday, Feb. 3, at the Northern Nevada Cheer & Dance Invitational in Sparks, Nevada.
The team's high-energy jazz dance brought the crowd to their feet.
"I couldn't be more proud of my team for all the hard work and dedication they have put in this season, " said coach Kylee Weiss. "This team not only has a passion for dance, but school spirit and Viking pride. I have seen these kids grow up and I am honored to be their coach. We are grateful to all of the parents, STHS athletics and the community for their support."
The 26 members of the dance team have a rigorous schedule of early morning practices throughout the season. In addition to their formidable schedule, the dancers also dedicate themselves to training in various styles of dance multiple nights throughout the week.
The dance team will perform Saturday, Feb. 10, at halftime of each the girls and boys final home game of the season. It also will perform Saturday, March 3, at Dancing with the Tahoe Stars at MontBleu Resort.
Trending In: Sports
- Winter storm warning remains in effect at Lake Tahoe; 2 more feet of snow possible
- California Highway Patrol: Travel to Lake Tahoe is not recommended
- Lake Tahoe roads: Chain requirements in effect (updated)
- Lake Tahoe roads: Slide causes traffic hold on US 50; I-80 and Mt Rose Highway closed (updated)
- Winter storm warning extended; more snow likely at Lake Tahoe Sunday