South Tahoe football hosts lift-a-thon fund-raiser May 15
May 7, 2003
The South Tahoe High School football team will participate in a lift-a-thon May 15 to raise money for the Vikings’ football program.
The event includes a pasta dinner, raffle, silent auction and t-shirt sale. It will be held on Thursday, May 15 from 6:30-9 p.m. at STHS’s Gold Gym. Money collected will be put toward the football program’s summer camps, weight room, conditioning equipment, film and game headphones.
STHS football coach Todd McIntyre said the annual event this year will include three lifting exercises: bench press, power clean and squat.
“They are going to do it three times and then we’re going to add up the weight to see how much they can lift,” McIntyre said. “We combined it with dinner (this year) to try and get parents involved and try to raise some money.”
Before the event, a meeting for all parents of football players will be held beginning at 6 p.m. in the Blue Gym.
“We’ll talk to them about the upcoming season,” McIntyre said.
Trending In: Sports
- Incline Village freshman Jenkins wins state Class 2A title in high jump
- STMS boys cross country wins 7th grade race at Tah-Neva Championships
- Whittell sprinters bring home track, field state championships
- Lake Tahoe School excels at track, field league championships
- Susie Lake: 8 miles of bliss in Desolation Wilderness