South Tahoe girls basketball beats Yerington to close out tourney in Reno
January 4, 2019
The South Tahoe girls' basketball team is just one short of its win total for all of last season after finishing the McQueen Varsity Elite Tournament with a victory last weekend.
The Vikings played four games in four days, Dec. 26-29, in the holiday tournament and lost its first three to McQueen (47-25), Galena (43-28) and White Pine (29-24) before beating Yerington 35-28 on Saturday.
South Tahoe jumped on Yerington in the first half and held off the Lions in the second.
Hailey Naccarato led the Vikings with 15 points, including a pair of 3-pointers, and also grabbed six rebounds.
Also for South Tahoe (3-7, 2-2 3A Northern League), Kaitlyn Janese scored six points and hauled in seven boards, Malorie Neiger scored four points, grabbed five rebounds and made steals and Teagan Williamson netted four points and dished four assists.
Naccarato added 14 points and six rebounds in the loss to White Pine while Williamson made five steals and Eva Perry scored four points.
Recommended Stories For You
The Vikings have secured three victories this season after winning just four last year.
They start 2019 Friday, Jan. 4, at Lowry and return home Tuesday, Jan. 8, to play North Valleys, of Reno.
Trending In: Sports
- South Tahoe boys’ basketball rolls past rival Truckee
- Some Lake Tahoe resorts offering deals for 1st timers starting this weekend
- ST, Whittell, Incline battle conditions, have mixed results at ski meet
- Viking girls can’t hold second-half lead in loss to rival Wolverines
- Diamond Peak skiers nearly sweep U19 podium in Far West series
- Lake Tahoe weather: Moderate snow to start Tuesday; storms could bring over 3 feet
- Lake Tahoe weather: Several feet of snow possible at Lake Tahoe this week
- Sierra Avalanche Center issues backcountry avalanche watch for Lake Tahoe region
- UPDATE: Chain requirements in effect on most Lake Tahoe area highways
- Blizzard warning issued for Lake Tahoe high country